Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Render fails

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
majstor
879 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Render fails

I've build model in AutoCAD 2015 but when I try to render it it fails on first step. When I select small part of model render is working fine.

I've opened same file (save as to version 2010) in AutoCAD 2010 and it renders all model (same render settings).

Model contains 3d solids as buildings and polylines with defined width and thicknes as terrain (see render from 2010 in attachment).

What is the problem with AutoCAD 2015??

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: majstor

Hi,

>> when I try to render it it fails on first step

Please a bit more details, what means "it fails"?

• What do you see?
  • What messages do you get?
  • What have you tried (like different camera positions, different light settings, different render presets, ...)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
majstor
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi.

By fail I ment I start rendering and nothing happens. Top status bar for rendering proces goes to 100% and bottom stops on 25%. When I manualy open Render window it shows black screen with blue square in bottom left corner.

I've tried differen cameras, diferent angles, with/without sun, with/without shadows, draft,... you name it. Only thing that solves problem is to select small part of the model to render. This is all done in version 2015.

In 2010 render working well with same settings and for whole model.

I've read from forum that this could mean several things connected to hardware and/or drivers.

Machine on which I'm working is DELL Precision m4800 with i7-4910MQ, 16GB of RAM, NVIDIA K2100M 2GB, plenty of disk space for temp and page files,....

Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

try to create a new drawing and use the copy & paste functionality to copy your objects to the new drawing. Test _RENDER in the new drawing again.

If that does not help, is there any chance for us to try your drawing on our systems?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 6
majstor
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi.

Unfortunately sharing document is not an option. 

Nevertheless, I've also tried to copy all data to another dwg file but it dosn't solve the proble.

Digging throught web I found that render process stops on first stage called 'translation'. 

Message 6 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Just an additional tip, look to Autodesk Infraworks, that renders scenes like that in real-time (>>>click<<<).

To your scene: what type of objects are that buildings? If that are 3D-Solid objects then you might try to run command _BREP to reduce the internal used dataamount storing the objects.

What size does the DWG-file have? Is it divided in XRef's or is all stored in one drawing?

Sorry, it's difficult to give additional tips when not having access to the objects, maybe you can create a similar scene that also fails rendering and that can be uploaded here/transfered for testing.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost