Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 "application unable to start 0xc0000022

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RobL313
1849 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad 2015 "application unable to start 0xc0000022

Hi, I am a student and just downloaded Autocad 2015.  When opening the program, I get a pop up error window, " The applicaton was unable to start correctly (0xc0000022). Click OK to close the application.

ScreenHunter_01 Jan. 14 12.45.jpg

If I right click the Autocad Icon, and select "Run as Administrator,"the program seems to open fine.  I checked and I am logged on my pc as administrator. 

Google search did not turn up anything, neither did a search here.  Any ideas? 

I have Autocad 2013 and Inventor 2014 on my pc and both are working fine. 

My pc:

Win 7 64 bit

i7 cpu

16 GB RAM

Nividia GTX 260 graphics card

Thanks to any help.

Rob

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: RobL313
Message 3 of 6
edwin.prakoso

Most likely you have a program that's conflicted with AutoCAD. This is a known issue and you can find the solution here: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/The-app...

If this post solves your problem, please mark it as solved. It will help others with a similar problem to find a solution.

Kind regards,

Edwin Prakoso
LinkedIn | Website | Twitter
Message 4 of 6
RobL313
in reply to: edwin.prakoso

Ok, I'll check these links out over the next couple days and report back, thanks!

Message 5 of 6
RobL313

I followed a bunch of links, ran a handful of tests ( sfc/scannow, etc.) and found nothing.  Found my way to the microsoft website and thier chat/help service, $100 later, everything works great.  The techie helping me used a remote service and whizzed around my pc for a couple hours doing things I couldn't keep up with.  After all of that, we still had to uninstall/reinstall again, but now everything works great. 

She did say that the 0xc0000022 error is related to the "restore" function, which may have been eluded to in previous posts.

Sorry I don't have a detailed checklist of the things she did, but I thought it better to at least give my thread some sort of finale. 

$100 spent was worth every penny. 

Thanks again to all of those that tried to help, much appreciated.

Rob

Message 6 of 6
BrianBenton

The impoirtant part is that it is working now. sometimes uninstalling and reinstalling AutoCAD will fix these types of things which is what it sounds like happened.

Brian C. Benton

bbenton@cad-a-blog.com
http://CAD-a-Blog.com
twitter.com/bcbenton
www.facebook.com/CADaBlog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost