Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 opening older .dwgs-What are all this crazy lines about?

14 REPLIES 14
SOLVED
Message 1 of 15
UNCWPM
7836 Views, 14 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 opening older .dwgs-What are all this crazy lines about?

I just installed AutoCAD 2015.  When I open up my existing drawings all these crazy lines appear.  I have attached a .bmp screen shot.  When I print the drawings these lines do not appear anymore. They seem to jump around when I zoom in and out of the drawing.  Does anyone know what they are and how I can get rid of them?

Thanks!

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: UNCWPM

Hi,

have not seen then yet (except an old issue with hatches).

Can you upload that drawing? At least with a cleaned modelspace so you don't publicate the model, but only if the lines are then visible too! 😉

Have you tried to run command _AUDIT and see if there are defects in the drawing database?

Can you try to run command _WBLOCK with option "entire drawing" and see if the problem also appears in the resulting dwg?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 15
UNCWPM

Here is the .dwg.

Edited by Request
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

well, on my system there are no strange lines.

So what are your system infos (operating system, graphic card + driver release)

Can you try to disable the hardware acceleration and see if it happens again?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 15
UNCWPM
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred you nailed it!

I turned off the hardware acceleration and everything looks fine.

Thanks

Message 6 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

and now it's up to you (or your admins) to find a driver and/or a graphic card, that is working also with AutoCAD 😉

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 15
bnatoli

I am also having this same problem. Super frustrating. How exactly do I change the accelator specs on the computer?

thanks

Message 8 of 15
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: bnatoli

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com!

>> How exactly do I change the accelator specs on the computer?

Command _GRAPHICSCONFIG is one option, the other is a icon within the statusbar-switches (lower right border of the AutoCAD application window).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 9 of 15
paulr

Actually, I found with my Radeon graphics card, all that was needed was to un-check the "Smooth Line Display" box under hardware acceleration while leaving the remainder of the hardware acceleration features turned on.
Message 10 of 15
braudpat
in reply to: paulr

Hello

To solve the strange graphic problems of the 2015 version, you can/try :

- Install the latest graphic card driver

and/or

- Disable the Hardware Graphic Acceleration

and/or

- LINESMOOTHING = 0  (Idem Smooth Line Display Option)

and/or (if you have an NVidia graphic card)

- Disable the NVidia FXAA Anti-Aliasing feature

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 11 of 15
paulr
in reply to: braudpat

Did update to latest and greatest AMD drivers. Did not solve the problem.

Turned off hardware acceleration and that did solve the problem.

Turned HW acceleration back on and just disabled line smoothing (via the check box under HW acceleration, same as LINESMOOTHING <OFF>).

I was just posting to point out that the complete disabling of HW acceleration is not required. Only disabling Line Smoothing.

Thanks for your response.

Message 12 of 15
nrz13
in reply to: paulr

Disabling LINESMOOTHING isn't necessary either.  Leave LINESMOOTHING ON and just set LINEFADING to OFF.  That worked for me with my AMD card, at least.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 13 of 15
paulr
in reply to: nrz13

Hmm. Turning off linefading didn't do the trick for me, but living without linesmoothing is a perfectly workable solution for me until this get's permanently resolved by Autodesk or the graphic card drivers.

Message 14 of 15
Eskatite

hey thank you as well. i had the same problem and just reading your post it helped
Message 15 of 15

Thnx mate you are awesome !! There are no crazy lines anymore 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost