Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 lack of support for 4k resolution - AutoCAD 2007 is okay

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RobertBenz3551
2155 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 lack of support for 4k resolution - AutoCAD 2007 is okay

Got a new Toshiba with 4k display, 32g ram, 1TB Samsung SSD I7 4810Q 2.8ghz processor.  Microsoft and virtually all other programs work fine except for the bloated Autocad 2015 / Plant 3d.  After waiting over over 5 minutes for Autocad 2015 to start (Plant 3d takes more than 10minutes), the program comes up with outsized texted for the miniscule text boxes so its a guess what it states.  I was told to downgrade to 2014 but that program had the same problem.

Then there is the critical faults and crashes with both Acad and Acad Plant 3d 2015.   There's a nice window that comes up for sending a report to Autodesk, but I haven't heard squat from the company regading any fixes downloads or anything else.  The last time I started Autocad, it hung on "checking licence" for over 10 minutes.  I finally killed the program and rebooted, then it loaded - after 5 minutes.

So I went back to the old 2007 and installed in xp mode.  It worked, all icons and text properly fit, AND it was blazingly fast.  I had spent over 4 hours on line with Autodesk with great assistance of my supplier to fix the "known issue" with the newer versions of Autocad, to no avail.  The folks tried to fix the various issues but I think they realize they have a product which is totally jacked up and can't be fixed.  So I am left with 2007 Acad.  2007 works and functional, loads quick, and doesnt crash while the 2015 Autocad and Plant 3d is a buggy bloated product which practically has no other function other than to waste time.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: RobertBenz3551

1. If you hear nothing back, there is no fix. They don;t send out a "there is no fix" response.
2. No fix for 4k displays: not supported.
3. I'm not sure who you spent 4-hours with at Autodesk, but if 2014 doesn't work either you've got bigger issues going on.

4. Slow loads can be for many reasons, but we need to know the following:
- Windows OS? I assume Win7 64bit but you didn't say.
- Did you invoke any 'migratton' options?
- What is your video card?
- System details?
- Is this a standalone or netowrked PC?
- Do things speed up if you unplugged from your netowrk and unplugged any other external devices from your PC (other than monitor, keyboard and mouse of course)?

Message 3 of 6
braudpat

Hello from France

Thks interesting feedbacks !

But for me, there are 2 different problems :

- Support for correct display with a 4K screen/graphic card !

I can "accept" that ACAD 2015 has some problem because it's "very special" and not commonly used !

As far as I know, there are some other programs with "strange" problem in term of icons, dialog boxes, etc

Very often, I am using a 27" with 2560 horizontal resolution, it's OK !

- 2015 : which can very slow sometimes (loading, exiting, editing block in place, etc) + BOUM !

As I said in a other Topic, I let at Autodesk ONE chance to release a correct SP 3 for 2015 ...

Today I say to french customers, please keep your 2014 (or 2013 or 2012) and then install a 2015 (+SP1 +SP2)

and TEST and RE-TEST ... If you are not satisfied, don't use it !! ... and wait for 2016 ...

But NOW the subscription is TOO expensive, and french customers say : Autodesk is "exaggerating" !!!

Sorry for my "not very good" US/English ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
RobertBenz3551
in reply to: pendean

Thanks for response Dean.  In regards to the fact that 4k resolution not being supported - but as of last week this helpful fact is not in autocad system requirements for Autocad 2015 or for that matter other autodesk product I checked.   The display list "1600x1050 or higher," nothing about not supporting above a certain resolution.  Then there's the fact that 2007 works fine with the 4k display in spite of being installed in XP mode in 32bit.  It appears that there's no one minding the store at Autodesk.   You pay for a suscription service which assures your software is up to date with the latest operating system and hardware only to find out you have to downgrade to a version that's 7 years old to have it work correctly?  At least I'm getting drawings out in the old ACAD 2007 but the idea paying for worthless software is pretty insulting. 

Message 5 of 6
pendean

Marketing 101: don;t post what yuou cannot offer. Same applies to systems requirements: welcome to the free market economy.

If you are on subscription, log into the portal, click the CONTACT US link, and fee free to let them know in detail. They do listen there as opposed to posting around here.

Good luck.
Message 6 of 6
RobertBenz3551
in reply to: pendean

"Welcome to the free market economy?"  That's BS.

The system requirements list a minimum display of 1600 by 1078 or greater. There's no maximum display limit.  ACAD doesn't state you can't go over a certain pixel count.  This is clearly an Autodesk software problem stemming from their bloatware issue.  How is it that I can work perfectly fine in a 32bit 7 year old version of acad but not with  the "new" 2015 or 2014 version? 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost