Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 installation

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
BrandonHarmon8165
625 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 installation

Is anyone else having issues with the installation of AutoCAD 2015? The problem is when the final dialog box appears to tell you that the installation was successfull (meanwhile it has taken the 25-30 mins to install like normal) all of the items installed show a "X" beside them. The weird part is that you can close out of that dialog box and the icon is on the desktop, and the program seems to load and run fine.

My concern though is I'm having users contact me saying they're getting "fatal errors" two - three times per day. I am having them submit the error reports to Autodesk but am trying to research for them as well. I'm wondering if the "weird" install screen that's mentioned above has something to do with it??

(In the meantime, for the fatal errors I'm having our IT department check on their video card drivers etc.) I was just wondering if anyone else is seeing the final dialog box problem during installations? If it helps, I am using the disk to install - I am not able to download our subscription seats due to company policy.

Any ideas?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

I would submit a support request with Autodesk if you have not already done this, and include a screenshot of this final install dialog.

Back to your question, no I have not seen this. I'll be watching this topic to see the other replies though.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 3 of 6

We have only set it up on a couple of computers so far and have had the Autocad Application manager crash while installing and it won't run but Autocad itself installs and runs with no problem.

Dylan

Message 4 of 6
pendean
in reply to: BrandonHarmon8165

That Applications Manager has an update/patch/fix that came out a week after 2015 did.
Honestly, you don't need that junk: uninstalled it or stop it from running or just don't install it in the first place.
Message 5 of 6
BrandonHarmon8165
in reply to: pendean

Dean, are you suggesting not to install 2015 at all at this time or the patch for the Application manager???

Message 6 of 6
pendean
in reply to: BrandonHarmon8165

Applicztion Manager required a patch here a week after I installed R2015: I suspect yours requires it too (mine found it's own patch).
I see no use for this new tool and that's what I suggest you skip installing or remove from your Windows startup: use it when you want to search for an update for AutoCAD only.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost