Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 installation impossible

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
kelly332
330 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 installation impossible

Hello All. 

I realise that this may yet again be another one of those "call tech support" questions, but since Autodesk has no physical contact us number/email-nada. I am re-directed to the forums where upon reading some kind and helpful solutions, I regain hope to find one for myself. 

Background: I have used AutoCAD 2013 on a Dell (windows8) for ZERO problems, the downloading took a while but IT STILL WORKED. Currently I have a new Lenovo laptop (also running windows 😎 and TRYING ,OH DESPERATELY TRYING to install AutoCAD2015. I'd even settle for my beautiful 2013 back, not such a fan of the updates or windows 8 at this point.

I've probably seen the install screen for AutoCAD at least 6 times. Something always happens to the downloads (network cuts off, install halted, drained battery ect.) I've been very careful about gutting my system of the prev. installation (using Revo) because I heard that it may be a problem. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I un-install and or re-install the program again, everytime it gets to the "Install-Setup Page" after keying in my (overused) serial number/product key, the Autocad2015 checkbox will ALWAYS have a red "no smoking logo" and be greyed out while Autodesk manager and Recap will be ready to install.  

I honestly have no clue left about what can be done. Just waiting for the initial download off the autodesk site takes approx.30 mins. So PLEASE autocad gods out there, HELPPPPPPP! A solution will not be gone un-appreciated, good karma points all around, Cheers!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: kelly332

This isn't going to help in your case, but a few tips I follow -

Find the Autodesk Clean Uninstall instructions.

I always use the Browser Download method and get the install files in compressed form.

(as I recall the actual download takes 2-3 hrs)

AutoCAD Download.PNG

Back up to removable media and then extract and install from C:\

I always create a Windows Restore Point just before and just after installing any software.

I temporarily disable anti-virus and UAC during download and then during install.

I never enter my Serial Number on install - I always install in Trial mode and run for at least a couple of weeks (usually till the trial ends) before I enter my SN.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 4
kelly332
in reply to: JDMather

Thank you so much for the suggestion, I'll give it a try!

Message 4 of 4
ukdxb012
in reply to: kelly332

Try using the Autodesk Virtual Agent to download the software... http://autodesk.creativevirtual15.com/autodesk/bot.html?isJSEnabled=1&businessArea=Root.Front%20Desk...

I will also second the advice of downloading via browser download. It gets you everything you need and you can retain it locally for future use.

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost