Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 - Hardware acceleration unavailable issue @ Nvidia Quadro card

46 REPLIES 46
Message 1 of 47
sich
17386 Views, 46 Replies

Autocad 2015 - Hardware acceleration unavailable issue @ Nvidia Quadro card

Greetings all,

I am having a difficulty here with ACAD2015.

Upon installation, I have had an old driver for my card

(Nvidia Quadro FX 580),

and hardware acceleration worked - it was turned on - and functioned supposedly fine.

I wanted to ensure performance quality so I went ahead and updated my driver to one of the latest currently, named 

332.76-quadro-tesla-grid-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql

Strangely, after installation, hardware acceleration didn't work anymore. here is the log entry:

Card name: NVIDIA Quadro FX 580
Driver version: 9.18.13.3276
Tuning Date: 23/04/2014
Virtual device: gdi12.hdi (Software)
The card and driver does not meet the minimum requirement.

Can anyone help with that?

(I wonder how come the older driver worked)

Regards,

Ishay

46 REPLIES 46
Message 21 of 47
vladimir_michl
in reply to: diegoal

If everything fails, you can try to switch AutoCAD 2015 to the older DirectX 9 mode (slower but "more compatible"). See:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-make-AutoCAD-run-w...

http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum/prepnuti-autocadu-na-rezim-directx-9-misto-directx-11-tip9825

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 22 of 47
sbelford

We went round and round and sent a ton of reports etc to Autodesk. We finally got it figured out. It was a bad software download. Autodesk had us redownload. And to our surprise it worked. Id give that a shot.

Scott

Sent from my Galaxy S®III
Message 23 of 47
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: sich

Hi,

within your screenshot, the virutal device should be set to "DirectX 11" and not "gdi12.hdi(Software)".

Besides of the tip with redownload and reinstall I would start to investigate the DirectX11 compatibility of your gc + the installation of DirectX11 itself.

Have you looked to your installation log file from AutoCAD? Maybe you'll find some errors or warnigs describing something failed.

I would reinstall DirectX11 and I would run DXDIAG and see what happens.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 24 of 47
jpo82
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I have similar issues with my Acad 2015. Hardware acceleration won't turn on normally but when I change system to use DX9 (like Vladimir suggested) then hardware acceleration is available but Autocad is using DX9. Without this modification hardware acceleration is not available and GRAPHICSCONFIG says I'm using "gdi12.hdi."

As graphic card I have Quadro FX1800 and driver version is 340.66.

Message 25 of 47
diegoal
in reply to: jpo82

Thank you guys.

Changing to DX9 was also the Autodesk solution.

Alfred, I'll try to reinstall DX11 later. Hope it works. I read that downgrade to DX9 can result in some performance degradation.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diego Álvares
Civil Engineer @ Trento Engenharia Ltda.
www.trentoengenharia.com.br
Autocad Civil 3D 2010 to 2017 - Infrastructure Design Suite
Windows 7 64 i7 4770 @3.40GHz 8GB Ram GeForce GTX 760
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 26 of 47
quyv
in reply to: sbelford

I got same problem here. Dx9 trick did work for me. Thanks

Quy Vu
Message 27 of 47
diegoal
in reply to: quyv

Hello!

I changed active x to 9 and it worked to me. Hope it works to you.
Diego Álvares
Message 28 of 47
curtiscraig11

I am having the same porblem, the dialog box displays my video card correctly but will nto let me turn hardware acceleration on (it is greyed out.)

I am also using an Nvidia card, albeit a much older one (GeForce 9800 GTX+). Must be that AutoCAD 2015 does not like the latest Nvidea drivers?

Message 29 of 47
sbelford
in reply to: curtiscraig11

Yes, go back to like the 331 series drivers, that should fix the problem.

Scott
Message 30 of 47
diegoal
in reply to: curtiscraig11

Hello,

I changed to activex 9.0 following instructions of autodesk support. They said that it is some 2015 issue.

I tried to change the drivers to previous versions but the problems persisted. Set Activex to 9 was the key.

Good luck.

Diego Álvares
Message 31 of 47
RobinsonG
in reply to: vladimir_michl

Adding Enviroment variable Dx9 worked for a HP Elitebook - Problem Solved

"To see things in the seed, that is genius". Lao-Tzu
Message 32 of 47
ParishSouthBdx

same issue. quadro k620 shut down after installing recommended and certified driver. no solution.
Message 33 of 47
diegoal
in reply to: ParishSouthBdx

Tried to chance DirectX?
Diego Álvares
Message 34 of 47
ParishSouthBdx

If I may add to this, that upgrading to AutoCAD2016 was the remedy.

BOXX Apexx 2 2401

Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.50GHz (8 CPUs-16 Core)

Intel 9 Series Chipset Family  SATA AHCI controller

Intel SSD 530 Series 240GB HD

DirectX 11

AutoCAD2016

Inventor Suite 2014

Message 35 of 47
rkmcswain

I have a similar situation here, running AutoCAD 2015 + Carlson.

I know the FX580 is not supported, but we have over a dozen other machines here running the same card, withOUT this problem.

When you start up AutoCAD everything appears normal, but as soon as you open a drawing, the Ribbon, tool palette, and toolbars are all "invisible", meaning that the icon and/or text that is supposed to show up, doesn't. 

However, as soon as you move the mouse over any of these areas, the item underneath the cursor "shows up".

So essentially you have to spend a minute or so, dragging the mouse around the screen to make the UI elements appear.

We are running the v.341.44 driver, and we have tried the trick to revert Dx11 back to Dx9Neither make a difference.

Anyone else ever see this?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 36 of 47
ParishSouthBdx
in reply to: rkmcswain

slightly.  But mostly with the Layers form and it's icons.

Message 37 of 47
rkmcswain

I traced the problem I mentioned above to Carlson.

Carlson has its own "Startup dialog" with recent files, etc. When we open a drawing from this dialog, that is the only time the graphics problem crops up.

If we close (or disable completely) this dialog and do not use it, then drawings open fine and there are zero graphics issues.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 38 of 47
ParishSouthBdx
in reply to: rkmcswain

that would be Carlson survey drafting package 3rd party that sits atop AutoCAD? 

I imagine when letting Carlson provide the start up is just not clicking some switches somewhere  and somehow in its' startup routine relative to the needs that AutoCAD requires at startup. It seems to be just the way it is, but it still amazes me how these two companies can work with each other and have this glitch exist.  I have to believe with all the testing and program wrting that somewhere someone encountered the same issue.  and if so why not disclose it in the writeups or users manual.  As a user, you were relagated to searching for the answer amidst a discussion group.  

Not sure about you but as competitive as the market is just in business, much less between designers/drafters, It's a major blow when glitches as such come to the surface.  My time has to be dedicated to moving drawing deliverables forward constantly and at times still not make it on time, or right at the bell.  When an issue as you had arises my blood pressure spikes for it poses an event that I dont have time to be spending searching out remedies.

I wish you the best.

Tags (1)
Message 39 of 47
abickhoff

Hi Gents,

I'm having the same issue, my hardware (NVIDIA Quadro K2200) is showing up in the Graphics Performance window, but I can't enable acceleration Smiley Sad

3DCONFIG.png

Even using the command line -3DCONFIG and enabling Hardware nothing happens.

I've run, dxdiag.exe and confirmed that Direct X 11 is running.

DXDIAG.png

I'd prefer not to have to force Direct X 9 as this will cause major issues with other software on the system.

I'm currently using Nvidia Drivers 348.07,thinking I might need to downgrade to version 341.21 which is the last certified version.

The 'latest' drivers from the vendor - Dell, are 347.57 & 340.66, neither are certified by Autodesk and vendor driver always seem to be lack-luster.

Apart from rolling back the driver to 341.21, any other help is appriciated.

My Work Rig:
Dell Precision T5810 - Xeon E5-1620v5, 16GB, NVIDIA K2200
Message 40 of 47
ParishSouthBdx
in reply to: abickhoff

when we moved from AutoCAD2015 to AutoCAD2016 my issue magically disappeared.  I managed to utilize not the MOST recent driver for my card, but approx 2 versions back.  Prior to that, I had to swallow the fact that I had to back up not one but a couple of versions of drivers back. Good Luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost