Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD 2015 FREEZES AFTER MODIFY COMMAND CLICKS

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2195 Views, 5 Replies

AUTOCAD 2015 FREEZES AFTER MODIFY COMMAND CLICKS

JUST INSTALLED AUTOCAD 15 ON A BRAND NEW COMPUTER.  AFTERMODIFY COMMANDS IT FREEZES.  THIS IS ALSO HAPPENING ON THE COMPUTER WHERE I TEACH.

VERY FRUSTRATING.  IT STALLS THE CLASS.  I NO LONGER USE IT IN MY OFFICE AS IT IS WASTING TIME.  PLEASE HELP

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dennis
in reply to: Anonymous

I can give you some "try this" and "try that", unfortunately, I don't have a "magic button".

First try turning off Hardware Acceleration.  I have found that 90% of the time in AutoCAD, graphics settings and drivers are the problem.  Also, you may want to update the graphics driver of the card you are using.

Clean out the temp folders, always is a good maintenance thing to do, and I have found that it often clears up some anomolies.  Partiularly the <username>\Appdata\Local\Temp.

In the Autodesk Program Group for AutoCAD, there is a Reset to Default, which may help.  This particularly helps if when you launched AutoCAD2015 for the first time, you chose to "Migrate", which I never recommend.

Determine if it is more related to the GUI or if the command itself is problematic.  Can you type in the modify commands fine versus selecting them from the Ribbon?

Message 3 of 6
alamanda

it is happened to me also. 

It s been a month try to find solution but till now  there is no way out...

computer i7 with quadro 4000 16gb ram. windows 8

Message 4 of 6
braudpat

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

1) Have you tried to open in RECOVER Mode your DWG, RE-Save and Test ...

2) Have you installed the SP 2 (or at minimum the SP 1) ?

*** SP 2 *** SP 2 includes SP 1 ***

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-autocad-2015...

*** SP 1 ***

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autocad-2015-service-...

3) Have you tried to run with Graphic Hardware Acceleration OFF ?

4) Have you the problem when saving and re-opening the DWG on your LOCAL Hard Disk ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
alamanda
in reply to: braudpat

still does nt work even the drawing file have been recoved. turn off the graphic accelaration. and also sp2 already in. all work on local drive.

thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost