Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 for mac. Orbit

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sostrowski
429 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad 2015 for mac. Orbit

AutoCAD 2015,trial, for Mac with Yosemite.

Using Orbit. Set the visual style to Hidden and the 3D view to Isometric. When rotating the model using Orbit  the Visual style reverts to Wireframe  and then returns to Hidden when the rotation stops. Any clues on how to maintain the visual style whilst rotating in Orbit?

ostrowski@btinternet.com

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
knmdk
in reply to: sostrowski

AutoCAD for Mac does this to speed things up. There's no Adaptive Degradation switch I could find in Preferences. FYI this toggle has disappeared (at least from where it used to be) in AutoCAD 2015 for Windows too. However you could try to follow this article and see if it still works. Sorry I can't really boot to OS X and double-check it at the moment.

Message 3 of 4
sostrowski
in reply to: knmdk

KNMDK,

Thanks. This means the animation would not be at all effective. But I have also realised that there is no animation in the Mac AutoCAD. A very unhappy result. MAC is much better for this kind of graphic/animation so why not have animation in the Mac version of AutoCAD. 

I have prepared 30 movies. From Excel to Keynote to Camtasia to Quicktime to YouTube and Squarespace. The addition of animated AutoCAD drawings would be a signigicant improvement. This does not appear to be possible.

Is there an alternative solution.

I would be grateful if you or the community would please be kind enough to provide some assistance.

Thanks and regards

Sean Ostrowski

ostrowski@btinternet.com

Message 4 of 4
pendean
in reply to: sostrowski

Friend, posting in the correct forum for MAC products may help you more than this Windows forum http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/the-autocad-for-mac-forum-has-moved/td-p/470808...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost