Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 / fire sprinkler 2d plan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
FridaP
2481 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad 2015 / fire sprinkler 2d plan

Can I create a 2D fire sprinkler plan using vanilla Autocad 2015? Please help 
I already have an existing plan of an office space. I would like to add the fire sprinkler plan in. 

Open mind. lover of knowledge
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: FridaP

XREF the sprinkler plan in or make its own layer and insert into the office plan.

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: FridaP

@FridaP wrote:

Can I create a 2D fire sprinkler plan using vanilla Autocad 2015? Please help 
I already have an existing plan of an office space. I would like to add the fire sprinkler plan in. 

It's not clear to me what you mean.  Patchy has obviously assumed that your wording "add the fire sprinkler plan in" means "bring into the floor plan an already-existing separate drawing of the sprinkler plan," but your use of the word "create" at the beginning makes me wonder whether that's the situation.  You can certainly draw it into the floor plan, setting up Layers for sprinkler system components however you choose to differentiate them, making Blocks for sprinkler heads and valves and connections and so on, drawing Lines and/or Polylines for pipe routes, Inserting the Blocks on them in appropriate places, etc., etc.  Or am I misunderstanding something?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
FridaP
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Sorry about that, but what I meant to say was if it were possible to create blocks for the symbols needed to create a fire sprinkler system in Autocad 2015. But I believe you have answered my question. Thank you!
Open mind. lover of knowledge

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost