Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 Export to PDF fails to export Layers

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mmarkow
675 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2015 Export to PDF fails to export Layers

My office just upgraded to Autocad 2015 from 2011.  When I plot to PDF, unless the viewport is set to wireframe, all the lines come out rastered.  The paper space lines (dim lines, text, etc) plot as vectors, but everything in the viewports is rastered and such low quality that I can't send it to clients.

I've tried all the different visual styles, and they all come back with the same problem (except wireframe).  I've attached two examples, one saved as wireframe, the other as hidden line.

Anybody know how to fix this???  And this is my first time posting, so apologies if this question has already been answered somewhere.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
jggerth
in reply to: mmarkow

well, yes.  a shaded plot is always going to be a raster plot.

You didn't specify which PDF driver your are printing to, but there will be a way to set higher raster resolution under the Properties | Custom Properties for the pc3 file in the plot dialog.

btw -- you'll probably be happier if you use Plot or Publish and NamedPageSetups than the 'export to PDF' button 

Message 3 of 5
mmarkow
in reply to: jggerth

is hidden line considered a shaded plot?  whenever i would plot to PDF in autocad 2011 using hidden line, they would come out as vectors.

setting the resolution higher definitely helped.  and not sure how to tell which driver it is, the Printer/plotter name is "Adobe PDF.pc3"

Message 4 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mmarkow

Hi,

>> is hidden line considered a shaded plot?

Yes, therefor you have an additional option using "Legacy Hidden" for the property "Shade Plot" (select the viewport and look to the property window.

2015-01-16 19-18-23.png

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 5
mmarkow
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

perfect! thanks a bunch!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost