Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 Export to PDF fails to export Layers

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
m.erencelik
5590 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad 2015 Export to PDF fails to export Layers

I'm using AutoCad 2015 Student Version on Windows 8.1 x64 and trying to export a 3D drawing with several layers to pdf with layers.

Here is what I did:

1) Menu -> Print -> Plot -> Plotter Name: DWG To PDF.pc3 -> Properties -> Custom Properties -> Select "Include layer information" then press OK for all.

2) Select a plot area using Window

3) Select a file to save.

4) Successfully exports with no errors or warnings.

But however, when it opens PDF file with Adobe Acrobat Reader, layers are empty.

I've attached PDF and DWG files below and would be happy if you can assist me to solve this issue. Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: m.erencelik

Hello

Welcome to the Autodesk/AutoCAD Forums !

Sorry I haven't ACAD 2015 on my current PC, so I have tested with ACAD 2014 : no problem !

I can't imagine that 2015 could have this "DWG to PDF.pc3" bug !?

But I have changed all your "bad" 255 color code to color code 7 (= White/Black) to see something !

Please find the PDF generated by my 2014 version ... Is it ok for you ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
m.erencelik
in reply to: braudpat

Thank you for your fast reply. I'm happy that you converted my file but it is a temporary solution for this case only. Also I don't know why colors changed like that, it was also 255. It is maybe about regional problems. I'll try to test on another PC and update this topic.

Sincerely yours,

Message 4 of 7
pendean
in reply to: m.erencelik

Limitation of your 'shaded' option: no layers export while in that shademode setting. Works fine otherwise.
Message 5 of 7
braudpat
in reply to: pendean

Hello

EXCELLENT Mr Pendean ... You are the Best !!

I read a little bit to quickly the question/topic ...

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
VA-MikeS
in reply to: pendean

Hello Pendean,

Is this a NEW bug in AutoCAD 2015? Is there any way to plot a shaded view and retain the layer information in the corresponding PDF file?

I am attempting to show construction bid item options and I would like to show the PDF to my manager and allow him to turn off or on each option. I use this same PDF during my project presentations. The loss of the layer information for the sole reason that I plotted to PDF in shaded mode is unacceptable, especially when I have gone through the trouble of creating a 3D model of objects that would be completely unrecognizable in a 2D wireframe print.

Message 7 of 7
pendean
in reply to: VA-MikeS

I don't know if it's new since R2015 is not new, and I'm not sure it's a bug since it appears to be designed not to do what you want either in R2015 or later versions.

Maybe a 3rd party PDF driver offers this ability: can't confirm.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost