Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 does not show the properties panel in the Home tab

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
hung.410
10578 Views, 12 Replies

Autocad 2015 does not show the properties panel in the Home tab

I Just installed a fresh copy of Autocad 2015 and realised that I couldn't find the Linetype icon on the ribbons. I did a search in the Help and when I clicked the "find" icon it said this icon is not available on the ribbon. Any reason why?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: hung.410

linetype icon? The lineptype pulldown is the third on the bottom of the PROPERTIES panel on the HOME tab in the Ribbon in Plain AutoCAD 2015 where you are posting (and I did not migrate from an older version). Help point to it in the screenshot below:

ScreenShot001.png

Message 3 of 13
LyleHardin

Usually if it says something is not there, it's because it's not there. (Profound, I know...)

My help pointed to it right away. But, I do have a Properties panel in my Home ribbon tab.

So, I wonder, if you don't actually have the Properties panel in your Home tab, then the Help file realizes that.

I temporarily removed my Properties panel and sure enough, Help told me Linetype wasn't there.

Now to fix your issue:

Set your Home tab current in your Ribbon.

Right click on the Ribbon and select Show Panels.

Hopefully you can turn on your Properties Panel from the selection that pops up.

Lyle

Message 4 of 13
hung.410
in reply to: LyleHardin

I actually know where that panel is and it is currently available in my 2014 version. But even the Properties panel is not available when I right-click on the Home tab/ Show Panels.

Message 5 of 13
rkmcswain

hung.410 wrote:

I actually know where that panel is and it is currently available in my 2014 version. But even the Properties panel is not available when I right-click on the Home tab/ Show Panels.

In your 2015, is "Drafting & Annotation" your current workspace ?

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 13
pendean

Is the panel turned off? Turn it on: just right-click over the ribbon when on the home tab and do so.

Either way, it's there in 2015 so your setup is messed up if the panel isn't turned off or you are using a workspace without it. Reinstall 2015 if it's still a mystery, I have an office full of users with it and it shows up on all the marketing images from Autodesk about 2015's interface.
Message 7 of 13
hung.410
in reply to: rkmcswain

KInd of weird, it's "Architecture". Things seem to change a lot in this version.

Message 8 of 13
hung.410
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
Is the panel turned off? Turn it on: just right-click over the ribbon when on the home tab and do so.

Either way, it's there in 2015 so your setup is messed up if the panel isn't turned off or you are using a workspace without it. Reinstall 2015 if it's still a mystery, I have an office full of users with it and it shows up on all the marketing images from Autodesk about 2015's interface.

It's not turned off/ It's not available, Pendean.

Message 9 of 13
rkmcswain

hung.410 wrote:

KInd of weird, it's "Architecture". Things seem to change a lot in this version.

There is no "Architecture" workspace in AutoCAD 2015 straight OOTB.

Sounds like you are running AutoCAD Architecture or the workspace has been created by you or someone else if this is truly vanilla AutoCAD.

This image shows what I believe to be a stock OOTB ACA2015 ribbon, and although it's hard to see clearly, I don't see a Properties panel either.

Message 10 of 13
hung.410
in reply to: rkmcswain

@rkmcswain wrote:
@  hung.410 wrote:

There is no "Architecture" workspace in AutoCAD 2015 straight OOTB.

Sounds like you are running AutoCAD Architecture or the workspace has been created by you or someone else if this is truly vanilla AutoCAD.

This image shows what I believe to be a stock OOTB ACA2015 ribbon, and although it's hard to see clearly, I don't see a Properties panel either.

You are right. I'm using AutoCad Architecture 2015. you see inthe image. Anybody knows why? I tried reinstall the product but it did no help. Is this a problem of the installation package or an intention of producer?

Message 11 of 13
rkmcswain

hung.410 wrote:
You are right. I'm using AutoCad Architecture 2015.
Is this a problem of the installation package or an intention of producer?

I suspect the latter, but I would start by asking the AutoCad Architecture forum. Those guys over there will be able to answer you much better than us vanilla AutoCAD guys here.

Message 12 of 13
pendean

If you want the autocad menu, load and use the AutoCAD profile in ACA2015: OPTIONS command, PROPFILES Tab, activate it.
OR
CUI command and use the TRANSFER tab to move whatever you want from the ACAD.CUIx file to your ARCH menu file.

Posting in the correct forum the first time goes a long way to help you help yourself, and the rest of us trying to help you.
Message 13 of 13
hung.410
in reply to: pendean

@pendean wrote:
If you want the autocad menu, load and use the AutoCAD profile in ACA2015: OPTIONS command, PROPFILES Tab, activate it.
OR
CUI command and use the TRANSFER tab to move whatever you want from the ACAD.CUIx file to your ARCH menu file.

Posting in the correct forum the first time goes a long way to help you help yourself, and the rest of us trying to help you.

Thanks a lot pendean. It appears like a miracle. And I'm sorry for posting in the wrong place too. But I wonder why they eliminate the properties panel in the architecture UI while we also need it. Thank you all guys. All have been very helpful.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost