Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 Deployment Image on Windows Server 2003

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Dale.Bartlett
347 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Deployment Image on Windows Server 2003

Hi All, As the title suggests, I am attempting to build an AutoCAD 2015 deployment image on Windows Server 2003 (with full service patch/updates). I receive an error with respect to the Windows Installer. Without going into the specifics of the error, my question is whether this is possible? Given that Server 2003 is XP based, I suspect not. Whilst not officially supported, I was interested if anyone had personal experience. Many thanks (again), Dale   

Hi,

>> [...] deployment image on Windows Server 2003 (with full service patch/updates).

It is not important where the image files are stored, but it might be necessary to have a workstation based on Windows 7 or 8,1 to start the deployment creation ... and that's what I would suggest first.

>> Without going into the specifics of the error

That might be the reason why there was no response yet. Whenever you have errors, let us know them, which ones they are. The more info you can give, the better (and faster) the chance will be to get the answer to your issue.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Dale.Bartlett

WinServer 2003 is dead just like WinXP.
WinServer OS are not supported for AutoCAD as well.

Why are you running a server OS as a desktop? There is no performance gain, and probably a handicap.
Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

as far as I understand the TO just want's to create a setup image on the server, not running AutoCAD on it, am I wrong?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Dale.Bartlett

You are correct Alfred, my error.
Message 6 of 6
Dale.Bartlett
in reply to: pendean

Hi All, Thanks for the responses. I also cross-posted: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/installation-licensing/autocad-2015-deployment-image-on-windows-server... Agreed, create deployment image from a workstation is normal process and not what I was following on this occasion. Regards, Dale

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost