Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD 2015 Defaults to Layout Tab on my ribon

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Jrooker06
4003 Views, 7 Replies

AUTOCAD 2015 Defaults to Layout Tab on my ribon

Every time i open up AUTOCAD 2015 the Ribbon Defaults to the Layout tab. How do i change this out open to my home tab?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jrooker06

Any info on this? I have the same issue. It is extremely annoying when switching from model space to paper space and having to switch from Layout to Home each time as well. 

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Neither. For the original poster, it seems that each time he/she opens a file, the default workspace setting is set for their "Layout" tab on their ribbons. This is the same for me, as well as when working on a file, I switch from Model Space to my Layouts quite frequently and have it hotkeyed via macro. When I switch from model space to paper space, the Ribbon switched from my custom "Home" ribbon to a "Layout" ribbon that I do not use. Is there a system variable for this feature? 

Message 5 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Unless you both have a startup routine that does it, so far in 2015 the files here open where we last closed them, modelspace or layout.

What is your hotkey macro code? Ribbon doesn't change tabs here switching between model and layouts. Not sure what I have different from you here in 2015.

Read the top portion of the last link I posted, seems to discuss a variable dropped in 2015 that used to be in 2014 tat does wehat you want http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-...

R2015 SP1 here.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I found it under the contextural Tab States > Layout Selected. I removed it. Sorry, I must have missed it since I assumed they were all in alphabetical order.

Macro

'_setvar;tilemode;$M=$(!=,$(getvar,tilemode),1)  

bound to an extra button on my mouse + shift. makes it easy to switch back and forth. only works with the most recent layout, so if you have multiple layouts you'll have to select/toggle the layout that you may be working with the most.

Thanks

Message 7 of 8
Gelby4

"I found it under the contextural Tab States > Layout Selected. I removed it. Sorry, I must have missed it since I assumed they were all in alphabetical order."

Thank you ebadaroux, I've been looking for that exact solution all morning. I also got tricked with the half-alphabetical list.
Message 8 of 8
PacoCorp

So you found it under the contextural Tab States > Layout Selected, but how do I find that and fix this issue?  I still use AutoCAD LT 2014 because of this issue.  I get so frustrated changing back to the home tab that I now refuse to use the updated versions of AutoCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost