Did you mean: 

Autocad 2015 Cross Hairs and Selection Window

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
jneal
1618 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad 2015 Cross Hairs and Selection Window

Hi all

I have submitted a case to Autodesk to add a toggle to turn the cross hairs off during a seleciton window. This is fairly annoying to me and some others as I have read on the forums here. 

Post up if you also think this is annoying so I can see if I'm in the minority or if this needs to be included in a service pack in the near future. 

Thanks

Jess

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tedwardspg
in reply to: jneal

Yup its annoying.

Change the view to sw isometric  and then set back to top.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 3 of 7
Jason.Piercey
in reply to: tedwardspg

Doesn't bother me at all.  I suppose if the crosshairs are short there is little point in seeing them but if they are set at 100% it can be useful to see them, especially if your selection is critical.

Message 4 of 7
jggerth1
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

I'll agree with Jason.  I keep my crosshairs at 95% because they are useful, and having them dissapear when selecting is what's annoying.

Different strokes and all that

Message 5 of 7
bdoll
in reply to: jneal

I agree this is annoying.  Have you found a toggle or has Autodesk created one yet that turns off the cross hairs during a selection window?

Thanks,

Brian

Message 6 of 7
jneal
in reply to: bdoll

This is the response I got from Autodesk on this. If you want to, go to the link below and submit a feature request as well...

Thank you for choosing Autodesk Support.

I understand that you would like to have an option to turn off the crosshair in AutoCAD 2015 while a selection window is being drawn.

This is a new "feature" for AutoCAD 2015, but we do have a bug report submitted about it. I will link this case to it so that our development team knows there is another customer who would like to see an option available.

It would also help if you would submit the feature request on our web site. Here is the link:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

I will go ahead and close your case. If you have additional questions on this support request or find that you need more help with it, please reply back to any of the case emails you have received or post an update to the case in the Subscription Center. Your reply message or update will automatically reopen the case if it is within 30 days from today.

Because we are closing your case, it is possible that you will receive a customer satisfaction survey invitation. If you do receive an invitation, and if you have the time, I would appreciate it if you would take a minute to tell us how we are doing.

Thank you for the opportunity to work with you.

Application Engineer
All CAD Northwest
Meridian ID
Message 7 of 7
nestly2
in reply to: bdoll

Here's another thread expressing the same concern.  Link

As I said in the other topic, I'm somewhat indifferent about the new behavior in 2DPlan view, but I don't like it in a 3D environment because the crosshair reorient to be orthogonal with the view, and they also revert to thier "2D model space" colors (if different than 3D crosshair colors)

A toggle/sysvar would be a good idea.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost