24 REPLIES 24
SOLVED
Message 1 of 25
cw1
Participant
16766 Views, 24 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 Blurry Problem

Hi,

I have installed the new 2015 update on my home and work computers. On my work computer, connected to our network, I have a display problem in that when I select commands like trim or match properties the whole drawing goes slightly blurry making selecting objects difficult. The installation on my home machine (standalone) works perfectly fine as you would expect. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Thanks

24 REPLIES 24
Message 2 of 25
braudpat
in reply to: cw1

Hello from France

You are running ACAD 2015 on which Windows : Win Seven , Win 8.0 , Win 8.1 ?

Now just a few ideas ...

Did you tried to disable :

- "Graphic Hardware acceleration" ?

- "Windows Aero" ?

If you disable the command preview and/or property preview ("Selection" Tab of OPTIONS), same problem ?

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 25
pendean

in addition to all the above... if your turn off LINESMOOTHING variable does that help? Also look for and install video card driver updates on your problem PC/laptop, seems to help a few 2015 users.

Message 4 of 25
cw1
Participant
in reply to: pendean

Hi,

Thanks for your replies. I am running windows 7 64 bit. Our IT are not sure what the problem is and I have tried turning line smoothing off and some of the other things suggetsed on other posts such as turning off preselectioneffect.

Our IT did suggest trying to upgrade the video drivers - I will try that and let you know if it cures the issue.

Thanks

Message 5 of 25
cw1
Participant

Hi again,

I have tried all the advice (thanks) plus updated the video card drivers and still the same!! If I turn off graphics acceleration it stops, but you dont get the new selection feature working and performance is terrible.

Might be a revert back to 2014!

Message 6 of 25
braudpat

Hello

- Did you tried with LINESMOOTHING = 0 (Disable anti-aliasing)

- Is AERO disabled ?

- Have you tried with Hardware Acceleration = ON but with the Graphic Card Driver (if possible !?) in 15/16 bits Color Mode (32000/65000 colors) ?

instead of 24/32 bits (16 Million colors Mode) ... Sometimes it can help !

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 7 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> the whole drawing goes slightly blurry making selecting objects difficult.

Is it possible that this objects are a block or a XRef and at least it's just one object your mouse is over (and so highlighting the object)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 8 of 25
cw1
Participant
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi all,

Following on from yesterday, I have attached a doc showing before and after the selection to show the problem.

Thanks

Message 9 of 25
cw1
Participant

Problem finally resolved. Just incase anyone else get's the same issue I think it was my video card drivers.

Chain of events:

1. Installed ACAD 2015 and problem ocurred.

2. Tried all the tips/advice but nothing worked.

3. Reinstalled AutoCAD from control panel/programs and didn't work.

4. Updated graphics card drivers and still didn't help.

5. Today I completely removed AutoCAD then did a fresh install and the problem is gone.

I can only assume it was the graphics driver?

Message 10 of 25
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

interesting, I have seen your picture and was not able to reproduce that. So I was waiting for anyone else having the same issue.

May be the update of the graphics-driver before a reinstallation is the secret, but that's just guessing (and I guess you don't want to try that 😉 )

Anyway, thank you for your feedback! (and please mark your last post as soultion)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 11 of 25
braudpat

Hello

So the solution could be a FRESH Installation of version 2015 AFTER updating the graphic card driver !?

---> FUNNY !

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 25
lyubo11

Hi

I install C3D2015  and had the same problem. In ACAD2015 too. All older versions working perfect. Wen switch acccelerator of is fine but Point cloud did not work in that regime. Anyway nobody want to turn accelerator off. Install lasr Nvidia driver nut no luck.

Verry anoying. Cant work that way.

System

w/ Nvidia Quadro K6000

Message 13 of 25
braudpat
in reply to: lyubo11

Hello

Just a quick idea :

Have you tried with a special setting of the NVidia driver ...

"NVidia FXAA Anti-Aliasing" = OFF and with "Harware Acceleration" = ON ?

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 14 of 25
GrantsPirate

Maybe set the new variable SELECTIONEFFECT to 0 ?

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 15 of 25
lyubo11
in reply to: braudpat

Yes this fix the problem for now.  turned off  FXAA Anti-Aliasing in Nvidia global setting.

Before that I reinstaled C3D2015 with no result.

This was interesting that when i use 3dmouse diplay worked fine but if i use regular mouse (2D mode) or trackball is used all display in model and layout view was so blurry so i cant read text on my 31" monitor and under mouse was ghost rectangle.

Thanks for advise.

Message 16 of 25
braudpat
in reply to: lyubo11

Hello

Please confirm that for you "Turning OFF the FXAA NVidia feature" is THE solution !?

If YES, please Mark "Accept as Solution"

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 17 of 25
lyubo11

Yes  "Turning OFF the FXAA NVidia feature" is the solution in my case. but I cant find button "accept as sollution" to confirm. Thanks Pat.

Message 18 of 25
gk.000
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

CHANGE SELECTIONPREVIEW VALUE

set SELECTIONPREVIEW to 2

Message 19 of 25
gabor.cad

Hi Pat,

I am runing Win 8.0 with GTX770M and I hade the same problem. Turning OFF the FXAA NVidia fixed it. THANKS!

In my the NVIDIA control panel I could apply this change only for AutoCAD as an individual program setting.

Cheers,

Gabor

Message 20 of 25
nbogan87

PRESELECTIONEFFECT = 0

This changes it from highlighting to dashed on hovering over objects

SELECTIONEFFECT - toggles between dashed and highlighted when an object is selected

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost