AutoCAD 2015 & MS Access Open Drawing Issues No Drawing Tabs

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
mailbox
1262 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 & MS Access Open Drawing Issues No Drawing Tabs

Hi All

I am creating a drawing managment database in MS Access.

I am using AutoCAD 2015. In 2015 the open drawings are displayed as Tabs at the top of the drawing window rather than previous version going to the window menu to see/select open drawings.

My problem is when opening a drawing from MS Access it seems to start a new set of tabs so only one is displayed. But if I open a drawing by DblClicking the file it will open the drawing and add it to the tab so now 2 are displayed. If I use the window menu I can see all open drawings. I have attached an image to hopfully explain a bit better.

I am using Application.FollowHyperLink in ms access.

Should I be using an AutoCAD VBA reference in access to open drawings if so what would it be and is there any documentation on VBA commands used outside the AutoCAD application as I cant find any?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: mailbox

Hi,

my first guess to that is you have not installed the latest service pack of AutoCAD.

Check >>>here for updates<<< and see with command _ABOUT if you are up-to-date with AutoCAD.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5
hgasty1001
in reply to: mailbox

Hi,

As said Alfred, first check if you have at least SP1 (SP2 has some problems reported here in the forum). The Application.FollowHyperLink has some issues that, may be, Autocad doesn't account of, as the method was implemented to open links from the web, the internal communication with the app and OS pass trough a security check, and doesn't follow the usual path that it's used by the application launcher (Autocad DWG Launcher), so some data could be missed in the process or Autocad is not processing/understanding the request as required by the Application.FollowHyperLink mechanism. So there are at least 2 other ways to launch Autocad or to drive Autocad to open a drawing:

1.-Interop from Access using GetObject or creating a new instance (requires a reference to the AutoCAD type library)

2.-Shell/ShellExceute directly from VBA (no need fro a reference)

Gaston Nunez

Message 4 of 5
mailbox
in reply to: hgasty1001

Thanks Guys

I will make sure I am uptodate which I am sure I am. And then try the ShellExceute first.

I'll be back.

Thanks again

Message 5 of 5
mailbox
in reply to: hgasty1001

The ShellExecute worked a treat.

On the off chance is there anyway of inserting a block via VBA from Access?

Thank you so much.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost