Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 - A slow and instable version?

203 REPLIES 203
Message 1 of 204
botman
14291 Views, 203 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 - A slow and instable version?

Hi All,

I've been working with (or trying to) AutoCAd 2015 since several weeks and I have to say I'm very dissapointed in the performance and stability.

Working on 3D objects creates lots of troubles because the program keeps on crashing. 

An example is removing a void (created by subtracting before) from a 3D solid. 

Apart from crashes and other disruptions everythings feels like heavy syrup, even after disabling all unneccesary "features"...

The dark interface is nice to work with I have to say, on the other hand: the new selectioneffect is like hell. 

Setting the variable SELECTIONEFFECT to 0 renders the selection usable again.

Not sure which engineer came up with this brilliant idea...  Try to select some cyan colored objects and you know what I mean... 

I'm not sure why so much effort has been put into these graphical novelties while the program technically is going backwards every version?

I ditched 2013 and 2014 before (also way to slow) and will stop working with 2015 aswell since I'm not able to finish my word due to crashes and lost work. I'll switch back to 2012 (again!!) and wonder why I'm paying subscription anyway....

Sounds familiair to other users or am I the only one being frank here?

Best regards,

Stefan

203 REPLIES 203
Message 201 of 204
RobDraw
in reply to: botman

I didn't have time to read the entire thread. I saw a lot of people with awesome computer specs but I did not see anyone mention the network. The company that work at upgrades computers on a regular basis. A few years ago, crashes were getting way out of hand. They reluctently decided to upgrade the network to 10/100/1000. The regualr crashing stopped. Maybe some of you with performance issues need to look beyond the box and not be so quick to play the blame game. Most people don't continue to pay for garbage. There is a good reason why the big companies still use AutoCAD. It works as expected.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 202 of 204
botman
in reply to: RobDraw

Maybe some of you with performance issues need to look beyond the box and not be so quick to play the blame game.

You honestly think I didn't try all I could to verify the described problems since V2013? Does it sound like a game to you? Really? It's my living! Smiley Surprised

Most people don't continue to pay for garbage.

Some people have no choice to due to dependencies and company restrictions. That's not a personal choice....Smiley Sad

There is a good reason why the big companies still use AutoCAD.

True, see my remarks regarding the dependencies...Smiley Sad

It works as expected.

Maybe for you it does. I surely disagree, it does not work as expected for me, on the contrary.Smiley Frustrated

Message 203 of 204
RobDraw
in reply to: botman

Someone is a little sensitive this morning. I was not singling anyone out but mearly sharing my experience that was similar and turned out to be network related and not the work of some imaginary conglomeration out to distroy the very industry that they cater to.

Rob

Drafting is a breeze and Revit doesn't always work the way you think it should.
Message 204 of 204
botman
in reply to: RobDraw

hmmm...not just this morning....Smiley Very Happy

PS. It's afternoon at my side of the screen...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost