Autocad 2014

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
KenJG
1531 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad 2014

Hello All,

I have some general questions which I can't seem to find and answer on the net.

1. I used ACAD 2009 previously and when I double clicked a line/circle, the Properties Box opened. In ACAD2014, the Quick Properties Box opens. Can I change it NOT to open the Quick Properties and just open the standard Properties Box?

2. When double click on a Dimension in A2014, it shows me to edit the text in that dim. A2009 the Properties Box opened. Can I change this so it works like 2009?

3. When I create a dim a2014 and it is NOT centered/aligned, it does NOT show using right-click like a2009 to HOME/center the text.

Please ask if more questions are needed. Sorry for being vague on my questions.

Thank you & Best Regards

KenJG - ACAD2014

Thank You

KenJG
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: KenJG

Ummm couldn't you turn off Quick Properties? i am at work, so I only have 2013 to reference -- but there is a toggle on the bar at the bottom of the screen (the tooltips should identify which is QP). Alternatively, ctrl-shift-p should bring up QPMode. That toggles it on and off.

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 3 of 6
pendean

1. CUI command, Double-Click Actions entry, change what you need for the object types.
2. same answer as above.
3. that's a DIMSTYLE setting, always has been, unless you like to always change it after the fact. DUIMSTYLE command>Modify Button>TEXT Tab, Text Placement.
Message 4 of 6
KenJG
in reply to: Bob_Zurunkle

Hello & Thanks a Million!!
Thank You

KenJG
Message 5 of 6
KenJG
in reply to: pendean

Hello & Thanks a Million!!

Thank You

KenJG
Message 6 of 6
KateMorricalTowne

For #3, select the dimension & hover over the text grip. See if the option you need is in the multifunctional grip menu.

--
Kate Morrical
Digital Design Manager, Washington DC
BIMmuse.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost