Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 WITHOUT Autodesk 360

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tahdesign1
456 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 WITHOUT Autodesk 360

There was a previous thread on this where it was explained that to not have 360 installed with the 2014 prodcuts you had to editted the setup.ini files to removal all the ADSTNC calls within it.

I have been pulling down and setting up all of my various softwares to create deployments and making this change to all the ini within each (save a copy of the original of course).

In the previous thread I had asked a question about the area that defines ADSYNC within the setup.ini files but never got any responce. I am starting this new thread in the hopes that someone can answer this question since it would probably help a lot of others users with this.

In all the vertical products (Design Suites, etc) the ADSYNC cal appears in multiple places and I have removed it from each.

However, in searching the setup.ini for the ADSYNC entries I find an area where that call is defined. In that area the last line of the definition is states ACTION=INSTALL (see attached). I am wondering if there is some other value that can be used as the augument instead of INSTALL that would work. That way there is only one thing to change. Not multiple occurances of ADSYNC to delete. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: tahdesign1

Have you tried uninstalling Autodesk 360 from control panel? Please see attachment

As far as I know ADSYNC deletes the Sync settings. So you cannot syncronize anymore

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 6
pendean

You can safely uninstall it through Windows, like you remove any other unwanted application on your PC.
Message 4 of 6
tahdesign1

The whole point is that you would HAVE to go and uninstall this after deploying the software. There are users out here that will never be able to allow design content to sync to 360 so it should be an option NOT to have it install in the first place.

The hack to the ini is to stop it from installing in the first place.

Really just looking for if the definition of ADSTNC can be deleted OR the call within that definition for ACTION= INSTALL can be changed to stop it.

Message 5 of 6
rkmcswain

My wish of the day is that I wish this didn't have to be hacked and that it just worked as the installer indicates.

Unfortunately, I suspect the installer is not broken, it was just labeled incorrectly as there was no design in place to not install 360.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 6
pendean

if the installer worked, you wouldn't be here.
We are all just pointing out what needs to be done instead.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost