Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 + Windows 8.1 = loss of license

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
LisaDrago
3833 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 + Windows 8.1 = loss of license

So I have a client who sent me the following message:

"I have a new installation of Autocad 2014 on a new windows 8.1 machine that has mostly been working fine. Occasionally, when using autocad 2014, it will get a pop up window indicating the license is invalid, and then forces a close on the program (and losing any open work)"

They have SP1 installed - any ideas?

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: LisaDrago

Win8.1 is not currently supported: a 'desker in the know in another forum noted that there is a patch or update or "something" in the works.
For now, avoid Win8.1 or live with shortcomings.
Win 8.0 is fully supported.
Message 3 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: LisaDrago

Hi Lisa,

>> AutoCAD 2014 + Windows 8.1 = loss of license

well, you might also say:

AutoCAD 2014 + Windows 8.1 = not supported by Autodesk

Up to now there is no servicepack to repair things that the Windows-update made defect.

And that seems not only to be the problem for AutoCAD, if you read e.g. in the Inventor forum, there are also some threads having troubles after updating from Win8 to Win8.1

But: there are some people out which got Autodesk products running on Win8.1, but only if AutoCAD was installed afterwards, not before Windows did it's update.

That said (but not tried) the option is to do a really clean uninstall of all Autodesk products and install them as on a new clean workstation.

For me and for now, I would not update to Win8.1 as long as Microsoft does things in that way and Autodesk has no repairment for that.

Good luck, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 4
LisaDrago
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I appriciate both of your mesages.

I have been working with win 8.1 with AutoCAD, Revit, Navis, and Inventor and no issues.. so I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

I will pass it aong and see how we can get around it.

LD

If this helped solve your issue - remember to 'accept as solution' to help other find answers!
You can't think AutoCAD and run Revit.
Email: LisaDragoEE@gmail.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost