Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 VIEWBASE not working.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
4181 Views, 7 Replies

Autocad 2014 VIEWBASE not working.

It will execute the command like usual and then nothing happens.

Command: _VIEWBASE
Specify model source [Model space/File] <Model space>: _M 1 found

Enter new or existing layout name to make current or [?] <032_Hang>:
Restoring cached viewports - Regenerating layout.

Thats what I get and nothing happens.

This drawing was originally created in a 2015 trial version.  I didnt like 2015 so reverted back to 2014.  Could that be it?

Thank You.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ukdxb012
in reply to: Anonymous

Could your issue be fixed with this hotfix? You didn't state what OS you are using... http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/downloads/caas/downloads/content/model-documentation-h...

Duncan Brannan
UK/EMEIA CAD Operations Manager
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

No it wasn't the dll file.  I've already replaced it.  It has to be that backwards compatibility isnt possible.

Message 4 of 8
ukdxb012

Try copying the contents from the drawing into a new DWG.

Also, i noticed you are using _viewbase, are you essentially just working with the commandline, no dialog boxes?.

A simple test to see if it is working would be to create a new DWG, insert a box and then do _viewbase on the box to see if the command works and creates the views in the layout.

I have just tried the above process in AutoCAD 2014 and it worked perfectly.

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: ukdxb012

Yes this works, but not exactly how I wanted to have to go about it.  I was hoping I could somehow reset the drawing as is so I could leave everything I've already done including viewports with views and all the sheets I already have laid out.  I only use the viewbase command for detailing individual components of a much larger picture.

Thank You.

Message 6 of 8
ukdxb012

Try a RECOVER of the file to see if it's a problem with the original DWG. You could also do an AUDIT or PURGE.

One other thing you could try is resaving the file as a new 2013 DWG. See if that fixes things....

One other option could be EXPORTTOAUTOCAD, the integrity of the file might be causing some issues.

Duncan Brannan
Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 7 of 8
nestly2

I'm just confirming that VIEWBASE appears not to work in AutoCAD2014 if the drawing contains drawing views created with 2015.  You don't necessarily need to start over or copy/paste everything into a new drawing, just delete any/all drawing views that were created with 2015 and VIEWBASE should work in 2014 once again.

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: nestly2

Actually this last solution did the trick.  I was able to open my original template made in 2015, make a viewport, erase it, and the viewbase worked fine.  This trick solved my issue of having to create a new template at least.

I didnt try any of the others above besides audit and recover.  Neither fixed it.

I just used viewports in the previous drawing I was having issues with, I didnt have time to mess with it.

Thank You!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost