Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 to AutoCAD 2015 migration

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
DavidJFuller
5214 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 to AutoCAD 2015 migration

I just installed AutoCAD 2015. As I expected, on initial launch of 2015, a migration dialogue box opened askeing if I would like to migrate (info) from previous versions of AutoCAD. In the dialogue box there exists a pull down to select which previous version to migrate from.

As I am currently using AutoCAD 2014, I would expect that AutoCAD 2014 would be one of the options I could select. The most current version of AutoCAD available for migration is 2013.

Does this mean that I cannot migrate from my 2014? Is this one of those bugs we're going to complain about for 9 months until the next release of AutoCAD? Anybody else experience this?

Thanx in advance.

Tags (3)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jforish
in reply to: DavidJFuller

Just finished my 15 install as well. The migration was flawless, 14 was listed.

Message 3 of 11
pendean

1. Do you have 2013 installed?
2. Did you install 2014 and migrate from 2013 last time?
3. Did you last use 2013 for some reason?

I too installed 2015 and while I did not go through with it, the program offered up 2014 for migration.
Message 4 of 11
bryce.thelin

Hi David,

Could it be by chance that your AutoCAD 2014 is not plain AutoCAD 2014 (such as AutoCAD MEP or Mechanical)? That would keep it from showing up in the Migration Utility for AutoCAD 2015.

Try right-clicking the "Migrate From a Previous Release" and choosing "Run as administrator." Try also setting User Account Control in Windows to "Never notify" to see if that helps.

You may need to backup your AutoCAD 2014 settings and then repair, reinstall, or uninstall/reinstall the program. You can then import them again after reinstalling and then, hopefully, migrate to 2015. Alternatively, if you have another computer, install AutoCAD 2014 and 2015 on it in trial modes. Take your exported 2014 settings over to the second computer, import them, then migrate to 2015, then export from 2015 and bring that ZIP to the first computer and import it.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 5 of 11
DavidJFuller

Yes, yes and yes. I assume there is a registry entry....

Message 6 of 11
DavidJFuller
in reply to: bryce.thelin

There is no option for 2014, onlt 2013 and 2012....

As previously stated, I'm sure its a registry setting......

Message 7 of 11
bryce.thelin

Is your answer "yes" to you not having plain AutoCAD 2014? What version do you have? In any case, it won't show in the migration utility for plain AutoCAD 2015.

Bryce Thelin
AutoCAD Product Support
Message 8 of 11
DavidJFuller

Sorry, I was reponding to the previous post.

I currently havw 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 installed.

Message 9 of 11
DavidJFuller

Awritee..... Don't know if its a seasoned citizen moment, or just a plain old DOH!....

I do noy have 2014 Installed....

Message 10 of 11
blesho

Is there a plain 2015, where is it hiding in the programs menu, I saw the 2014 under the Mech

Message 11 of 11
boonwd

the issue i have is that i'm attempting to migrate settings from acade 2014 to acade 2015, and try as i might i cannot find the "migrate from previous version" option anywhere. i only show the "import" and "export" options from the start menu.

any help is appreciated. not looking forward to re-configuring the new version.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost