Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 (Student version) - Can't make the status bar work

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
furtonb
3322 Views, 5 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 (Student version) - Can't make the status bar work

Hello there!

I've just downloaded AutoCAD 2014 Student Version, and I can't seem to make my status bar on the bottom work. It's pretty annoying, as I couldn't manage to find the solution yet, did the access path to it changed compared to previous versions?
It's just blank grey (where OSNAP, DUCS, and other fun stuff's icons should be).

I would really appreciate your help!

Cheers!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: furtonb

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Please check STATUSBAR system variable. It should be 1 in order to show status bar.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
furtonb
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi!

I tried all the variables, two versions occured: variable set to 0: no bar. When I have set it to 1 or 2 or 3, the result was the blank bar, that you could see on the screenshot (as you could see in the command bar, it was set to 1 before the screenshot was taken). I hope a reinstall will solve the problem, but I would be glad, if anybody could tell me, what the problem really is.
Thanks for the hint by the way!
Message 4 of 6
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: furtonb

Hi,

>> It's just blank grey (where OSNAP, DUCS, and other fun stuff's icons should be)

Just to make sure: the screenshot points to an area where those switches like OSNAP, Dynamic UCS (and the other fun stuff) is not to be found, you pointed to the drawing statusbar whereas those switches are in the application statusbar ==> that is lower than the command line area ... but not shown on your screenshot.

2013-06-21 08-50-35.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 6
furtonb
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I know, that it should've been under my command line, but it didn't show up at any resized window state (and I didn't crop the image just to make this thread...).

Since then I reinstalled it, that fixed the problem, but I'm still wondering, what the problem was, as it never happened to me before. 

Message 6 of 6
juliewaddell1075
in reply to: maxim_k

I use AUTOCAD 2013, but when I set my STATUSBAR to 1, I got all my toggle command back.  Thanks.  Smiley Happy

Sincerely,

JamJaws31

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost