Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 on Retina Macbook Pro running in Parallels 9 - UI issues

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ahadbas
4053 Views, 5 Replies

Autocad 2014 on Retina Macbook Pro running in Parallels 9 - UI issues

I am runing Autocad 2014 in Parallels 9 / Windows 7 on a 2013 Retina Macbook Pro. However the font of the command line is huge, which does not allow me to see the secondary line, as well as the drop down menues has overlaping problems with the text. I have attached a screenshot of what it looks like. I have tried all different Parallels resolution settings and tried changing the resolution within Windows as well, have not had any luck. 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
maxim_k
in reply to: ahadbas

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!
Hi,
Please check system font scaling in Windows 7 Control panel (display resolution, additional settings - if I'm not mistaken) an set it to 100% or 125% as maximum.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 6
pendean

If the above tip doesn't work for some reason, search through Google as this is a known limitation with Win 7 and your Apple display type.
Message 4 of 6
ahadbas
in reply to: pendean

the above suggestion only worked if parallels video resolution setting is set to "more space". did not work on best for retina. and as for searching google I have been since last week, tried all the different suggestions but was unable to find a solution that worked, and kept the UI at retina resolution.
Message 5 of 6
pendean

You'll need help from the folks at Parallels:
http://www.parallels.com/support/home/
You may have to create a support ticket if the Knowledge Base or FAQ sections shed little info.

May I ask: have you considered a side-grade to the native MAC version if AutoCAD? Free I believe.
Message 6 of 6
igortxo
in reply to: pendean

Not so easy if you had flickering problems like me and others in Mavericks with rMBPro. See this other post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-for-Mac-General/AutoCAD-LT-2014-for-Mac-causes-graphic-problem...

Thanks,

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost