AutoCAD 2014 object selection: shift + space

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jpiazza7
3605 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 object selection: shift + space

Hello All, 

I've recently upgraded to AutoCAD 2014 from 2013.  I commonly used the shift+space option to select between overlapping lines, but it appears this does not work in 2014?!?  I've seen the help center in the top right prompt with another option for selecting overlapping lines by using the ctrl+click.  I remember this from many previous versions of AutoCAD, but I haven't had luck with it in 2014.

Does anyone know how to get the SHIFT+SPACE method to work in 2014?  Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: jpiazza7

CTRL+click (what you are reading) is not SHIFT+click (what you are doing): could that be the problem?
Message 3 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

Line 1:

>>  I commonly used the shift+space option

Last sentence:

>> Does anyone know how to get the shift+click method

So the question now is: which method do you like now? At least I don't know <SHIFT><CLICK> in relation to object selection cycling, I guess you meant <CTRL><CLICK>?

First at all, the newest method to select a special entity out of some overlapping ones is called SELECTIONCYCLING (>>>details<<<).

And to select the prefered method (better <SHIFT><SPACE> or <CTRL><CLICK>) can be selected with sysvar LEGACYCTRLPICK (>>>details<<<), be careful when you chose <CTRL><CLICK> as your default option, because then you miss the option to select sub-objects.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7
jpiazza7
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

My apologies! I've edited the post to read correctly.  I am interesting in getting Shift+Space to work.  Sorry for the confusion.

Message 5 of 7
jpiazza7

My selectioncycling is set to 1 and I toggled (ctrl+W) to ensure selection cycling is ON, but still no response from shift+space with overlapping objects.

I also tried the different values (0, 1, 2) with legacyctrlpick, but no luck for shift+space...

Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

when LEGACYCTRLPICK is set to 0 then <SHIFT><SPACE> should work independet from SELECTIONCYCLING.

But what might be missing: how is SELECTIONPREVIEW set, if it's set to 0 then no highlighting will be shown anyway, so make sure it's active (set to 1 or 3).

(for now it sounds like your system is not fresh installed, it has some settings that are not acting like default, or have you migrated your settings from previous releases when first started 2014?)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 7
jpiazza7
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Ahhhh! Totally forgot about my selection preview setting! It was on 0.  Back up and running now. Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost