Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 LT freezes

23 REPLIES 23
Message 1 of 24
Anonymous
4236 Views, 23 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 LT freezes

Help needed!

Our AutoCAD LT '14 Test Version is running smoothly on our system (3,4GHz / 8GB RAM / 1GB Graphics), but freezes randomly after doing several actions, like moving objects or creating multiple objects quickly (2D).

In the picture, the program crashed after moving the object a few times. It is impossible to work on like this. We need some help. It doesn't close on its own and doesn't continue after a few minutes.

System: Win7 64

23 REPLIES 23
Message 2 of 24
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

welcome @forums.autodesk.com !

>> 1GB Graphics

What graphics card is it?

Does that only occure in a specific drawing? If so have you tried to run _AUDIT with that drawing?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 24
Anonymous

Hey alfred,

It happens with multiple (or all) files, the size of each file is between 5~15MB and _AUDIT doesn't find any wrong objects. The graphic card is an nVidia Quadro K600. Thanks for the support.

Message 4 of 24
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

I'm not sure about LT, but if you have the choice to disable the hardware acceleration, then try to disable it and see it the problem persits.

You might also verify your symptoms with >>>this thread<<<, maybe it's a solution for you too.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Hey,

the problem is not the same as in the thread. I tried to update anything, installed the specific driver from AutoDesk and reinstalled the LT version. Still the same.

But after about 2 minutes, it changed back from frozen to working. Without any change (was marked as "not responding" by windows). I actually changed priorities from normal to real-time in the task manager... I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Soo... the hardware seems okay. Is it normal? The 2 minutes delay for actions in big projects?

Message 6 of 24
pendean

As a test, unplug from your network/internet, remove any external harddrive and thumbdrive connections, and try to repeat the issues while working on a file on your PC: report your findings.
Message 7 of 24
Charles_Shade

Message 8 of 24
darawork

"As a test, unplug from your network/internet"

^^ I've been seeing this suggestion far too often for my liking.

There is something in this release that is completely infatuated with snooping around connected shares.

One of the LT installations in our office is still freezing on command input while it goes off looking for:

AecbTools.dbx
AcVBA
AcVBA.arx
AcVBA.dll
AcVBA.dbx
accoremgd.dll
AcPointCloudObj.dbx
AcldViewObj.dbx
acmgd.dll
AcModeldocObj.dbx
AcMPolygonObj19.dbx
AcWindows.dll
AecArchbase.dbx
AecAreaCalculationBase.dbx
AecBase.dbx
AecBaseEx.dbx
AecbBldSrv.dbx
AecbCol.dbx
AecElecBase.dbx
AecHvacBase.dbx
AecPipeBase.dbx
AecPlumbingBase.dbx
AecbTools.dbx
AecDACHMigratorDB.dbx
Aecilb.dbx
AecModeler.dbx
AecProjectBase.dbx
AecRenovationBase.dbx
AecRoomBookDb.dbx
AecSchedule.dbx
AecSolidModeler.dbx
AecSpaceExDb.dbx

and.......

acismobj19.dbx

on network shares.

We have no vertical Acad derivatives like AutoCad Mechanical Desktop or Electrical or Plumbing or Piping etc etc.... please can you make it stop looking in SP1...? It is causing inexpressible frustration.

Whatever happened to Acad being a standalone program? I have uninstalled 360 (sorry, pointless). I have unistalled all online content searching fluff. I have unticked 'access online content when available'. I have stopped WSCommCntr4.exe from loading into memory, by disabling InfoCenter. Our licences are seated locally, not floating on a network share.

Why is too small a word.... but please, for the love of the flying spaghetti monster, 'WHY...?' is it still looking for stuff on network shares?!?! Can Acad/LT not just be content to live out it's life peacefully on our C: drives without feeling a longing desire to oogle over the neighbors fence every time we enter a command?

Thanks.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 9 of 24
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Soo... the hardware seems okay. Is it normal? The 2 minutes delay for actions in big projects?

As long as you just open AutoCAD LT, without any drawing, it's not normal to use 2min for that. But in that case it's also not a big project! So does it use 2min while you are start AutoCAD with a big drawing? (then 2 min might be normal, depending on different things on workstation and on network.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 10 of 24
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: darawork

Hi,

>> One of the LT installations in our office is still freezing on command input while it goes off looking for:

Really? LT is searching for ACVBA.ARX, I guess there is something mixed with full versions of AutoCAD.

But as I don't have LT installed, can anyone of the LT-guys look if they have this file on their system (in an LT folder)?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 11 of 24
darawork

Hi, and sorry to the OP for the temporary hiijack... but I hope that whatever is happening here will help you too.

Alfred, both LT and Full AutoCad look for these files... all the time. It is what causes any sort of lag, anytime, with our systems. I'm convinced it is a bit of coding that searches for commands in ObjectARX Runtime Extensions that don't exist because the user only has basic AutoCad installed. That I don't mind too much... it's just preemptive coding doing it's job just in case these .arx's and .dbx's do actually exist, but it should be a localised search. Searching for ObjectARX Runtime Extensions on Network Shares is simply maddness. There should be an option to turn it off.

Darawork
AutoDesk User
Windows 10/11, 3DS Max 2022/24, Revit 2022, AutoCad 2024, Dell Precision 5810/20, ASUS DIY, nVidia Quadro P5000/RTX 5000/GTX760

Message 12 of 24
Charles_Shade

Hmm... LT since inception here. Currently running LT 2014.

Zero lag in search of outside-the-box components.

Any routines or Macros created in the LT 2014 Seat that would need these animals?

Is the Support folder clean and/or pointing to the right locations?

Message 13 of 24
jggerth
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Not running LT, but if there are any AECObjects in the drawings, that is _anything_ in them has ever been touched by a vetical, that could explain a part of what you are seeing.

And, going along with Charles -- AutoCAD whether full or LT should only be able to look in places that are on the support path (or current drawing folder).  Are all the support paths as minimal as possible, and pointing to as few places on the network as possible?

One of many reasons i keep as much as possible on the local hard drive....

Message 14 of 24
darawork
in reply to: jggerth

Thanks guys for the replies,

I think I found the problem: Btw, this happens on opening a blank drawing at startup; We have a customised designcenter tab for shop fitting units in attributed block format. These are on the network! That is the filesearching on the network that probably begins on startup.

I should have realised that. I helped set it up last year. Doh. I just never use it on my workstation. I do 3D mainly on my full AutoCad, but that designcenter tab is used on all the workstations. Mine included.

Even now, I've just remembered that when AutoCad starts; We have a titleblock on the network too. Cringe.

It's not purely a drawing office which means our IT dept are not accustomed to AD products... and there are probably a lot of, perhaps, network issues from a recent office move and subsequent server drive letter change. Some of the DesignCenter content might be pointing to nonexistant places. Eek. This sounds  deep. I don't know how clever DesignCenter is about migration of customised tabs, I'll need to look into it further. Thanks for the help.

Would that account for the constant Aec content searching? Mech, Elec, Hvac, Plumbing, Piping... all that? We only have one tab customised. And that is just for blocks we drew ourselves. Simple things. Not premade AD content in loads of different tabs. Just 2 dwgs full of homemade blocks on one singular tab. I will need to check if the lads have put any other customisations on the tab, but I'm sure we don't use any Vertical content on the tab.

All the workstations with 2014 make AEC ObjectARX calls when calling up normal mundane tasks though, like copy, move even panning with the mouse button. Even when typing random letters in the command area and pressing enter.... like kjdbsjkdhfg (Which is not an AEC command shortcut for pipes afaik)

.... Back to the original topic. Sorry.

Darawork
AutoDesk User

Message 15 of 24
darawork

The lads also downloaded symbols like sinks and funiture off the net last year. These simple line drawings might have been created on vertical packages. Useless AEC stuff embedded in the block files maybe? I know how attribs like to travel on dwgs like STDs. *Made with an Educational version* has appeared a few times over the years, from recieved emailed dwgs, used in Xrefs... with some layers off and frozen. Sometimes it's very hard to trace which clients dwg it came from.

Darawork
AutoDesk User

Message 16 of 24
Charles_Shade

You give a bunch of people something to work with and they are going to figure out how to screw it up.

Most times the added niceties are forgotten about and are missing when a CAD seat is upgraded. "I used to be able to..."  Then we have to find what is missing. In your case there may have been much added.

You said that you work in 3D. Could some of these culled from the internet blocks been 3D to begin with and someone (helpfully) has Flattened or otherwise Exploded them so remnants are left?

Might explain the AEC and other content.

Message 17 of 24
pendean

-EXPORTTOAUTOCAD command (there is a dash in the name) does a great job of exploding AEC content in files for me, never to return. Worth doing.
Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Another update: We need the network as all files are saved there. I tried saving files on local and network storage. It doesn't matter, where you save. Sometimes it saves within 2 seconds, sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes.

I disabled autodesk360, network cloud and hardware acceleration. It seems to be working better, but still not fine. Also, I disbaled the autodesk automatic processes in the msconfig (dl manager & 360).

Our hardware support told me, it could be, because we didn't install it via right click -> as administator. There is just one user, which has admin rights. Might that be a problem and if so, then why?

Thanks for your help so far!

Message 19 of 24
Charles_Shade

Autodesk products should be installed as an Administrator. Opened and updated as needed. Closed; and then the account privileges changed to Limited.

Typically this will allow the software to run normally.

Message 20 of 24
pendean

>>>..Sometimes it saves within 2 seconds, sometimes it takes up to 2 minutes...<<<
That's too random an event to be solely an AutoCAD (or any single software) issue: you and your I.T. need to monitor more closely the network traffic and your PC's other events to see where the issues are being triggered and how.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost