Did you mean: 

Autocad 2014 internal apps not working but work on my 2013 version

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
XlhHarley
326 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad 2014 internal apps not working but work on my 2013 version

Afternoon

I have one machine in my group of 11, that the internal Autocad applications are not working.

Example.. I open the layer dialogue box and right click on the layer name, go to make my layer not appear ina all view ports and "function not found"

Example..  start a new drawing go to paper space, type in MVSETUP... command MVSETUP not found.

I have contacted Tech support and have followed thier advice and - still not working. (even a new install - but not  a fresh one)

If I was a betting man, (or person), I would think it has something to do with this new secuirty crap that was part of 2014..and some minute switch that is turned "off" in my setting,  as when I  re- install 2013 on the same machine it all works with now problem

Has anybody else run into this?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: XlhHarley

Try the simpler fix of just resetting AutoCAD: it is one out of 11 that otherwise work.
Message 3 of 9
XlhHarley

I have reset

I have reinstalled

i have upgraded (after I re -installed 2013).

I have grabbed another users profile from a working machine and imported in to the new machine

It still ends up being works 2013 but not the 2014 software

very confusing

Message 4 of 9
pendean

What's unique about your PC compared to others?
Did you use the 'migrate' option before using 2014?
Message 5 of 9
XlhHarley

7 of the machines are the same make - model etc..etc..etc

purchased the same time

All are running the same third part applications -

the only difference is this machine is running the design suites premium version autocad and not staright autocad if that makes a difference.

I have discovered that that if I go in and actually run MVSETUP by launching the application it will run until that machine restarts Autocad, I have looked at the file paths and they are pointing to the location of the applications

i need a beer 

Message 6 of 9
pendean

Are you actually running plain AutoCAD? Or one of the verticals "as AutoCAD"?
Message 7 of 9
XlhHarley

Running plain autocad _ I am under the impression that it is just the way it was bundled and sold.. you get more for less

Message 8 of 9
pendean

Ha! you wish life was that simple to blame it on 🙂
Message 9 of 9
pothied
in reply to: pendean

If you have tried everything else, then I would recommend a clean install of the product. You can find the instructions for that here:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/article/How-to-remove-all-Autodesk-products-from-a-Windows-system

David Pothier

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost