Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2014 for mac vs AutoCad LT 2015

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
2700 Views, 4 Replies

AutoCad 2014 for mac vs AutoCad LT 2015

I have just started working in the mac-world. Previously I have worked in windows my whole life.

In my profession I work a lot with AutoCad. Now, the question is, is there any disadvantages working in AutoCad for MAC 2014 vs AutoCad LT 2015?

I will need to use external references (.dwg, .jpg etc etc) created from AutoCad-programmes in Windows and others need to be able to open my files, created in mac. I will also need to open and change in dwg-files created in windows.

The 2 alternatives I see:

1. To purchase AutoCad for Mac and be sure there will be no problems with the compatibility with windows.

2. To purchase AutoCad LT 2015 and use a virtual windows software on my Mac.

The downside with alternative 2 is that it takes a lot of power from my computer. The risk with alternative 1 is that it is not fully compatible with files created from other AutoCad products.

Any comments on this?

Any advice on this topic is very appreciated!

/Daniel

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

There are no issues with DWG files and AutoCAD in any OS, AutoCAD is AutoCAD in any OS, so are the DWGs they create.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks!

So I will try the MAC-version for 30 days.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hello... I was wondering the same thing as what you had asked. Now that its a few years later, could you please tell me how the trial went? Was AutoCAD for Mac useful to you? I do drafting work for my cousin and she uses Microsoft version so I am worried with the Mac version we wont be able to share files and send drawings easily to each other for admendments.

Thank you so much for your time!

Message 5 of 5
asbjorn.sollid

eg ønsker AutoCAD gratis 30 dager på prøve

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost