AutoCAD 2014 Fatal Error

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
maximilian.puehringer
6953 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 Fatal Error

Hi at all!

I am trying to install a student version (should be no difference to the normal version) of AutoCAD 2014.

When I installed it for the first time, everything seemed to be ok. The installation itself went well, no information about a failure, but when I tried to start AutoCAD 2014 i got the following error: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0xffffffff Exception at e4510004h

A friend of mine then gave me the advice to reinstall my .NET framework versions. So did I. After launching AutoCAD again, I got nearly the same failure, the number at the end changed to f9230004h.

I hope that the failure is called "fatal error" because I am installing a german version, but I think so.

If anyone could help, I would appreciate that.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

what operating system do you have? What graphic card do you have?

Have you installed the service pack too?

Have you tried to start AutoCAD with right-click onto the icon ==> "start as administrator"?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

Hi, thanks for the quick answer!

Windows 7, 64 bit

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

Which service pack do you mean? For Win 7 I have SP1 installed, SP1 also for the NET framework (so the actual version is 4.5.1)

I am the administrator.. But I just tried to start AutoCAD as you said, same problem!

Message 4 of 9

Hi,

>> Which service pack do you mean?

AutoCAD 2014 service pack 1

>> I am the administrator

So you can create a new user-account (with full local permissions), login with that account and try to start AutoCAD there?

At least, if not necessary, you might uninstall Framework 4.5x and install 4.0 (as that is the Framework that is installed with AutoCAD)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 5 of 9

It seems that I found a solution for my problem!

I am using a Lenovo IdeaPad Y580, there I have the OneKey functions, namely OneKey Recovery and OneKey Theater.

Here I read about shutting this functions down in the task manager, although the failure code was different, and so I tried this. And it worked 😉

Thanks for your fast help though!

EDIT: Can you or anybody tell me, why I have to do this before working with AutoCAD 2014?

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 9

Hi,

thank you for your feedback, good to know you got it solved.

And that's the perfect proof why system-information is so important! The word "Lenovo" would have raised my remembering to the same (or similar) thread you already found 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 7 of 9

Hi,

>> Can you or anybody tell me, why I have to do this before working with AutoCAD 2014?

Just guessing: it loads libraries into the memory that are not compatible with AutoCAD or it's installation procedure.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Message 8 of 9

Hi,

We are having a problem with our 2 auto cad.
1. Autocad Design Suite Standard 2015
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled access violation reading 0x0029 exception at f1689d48h".

2. AutoCAD LT 2014
FATAL ERROR: Unhandled access violation reading 0x007c exception at e16edce8h.

Is there any one can help me how to solve this issue. The operating system are both Windows 7 64 bit.

Thanks,

Jm Mari
Message 9 of 9

Solve my fatal error problem

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost