AutoCAD 2014 drawing tabs and command line missing

40 REPLIES 40
SOLVED
Message 1 of 41
jpedersen
142637 Views, 40 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 drawing tabs and command line missing

Morning All,

The last three times I have started my ACAD 2014 the drawing tabs are gone. Any suggestions?

Also, my command line is missing and all I see when I hit my F2 is my previous entries except for the current entry. Any suggestions on this one?

Any help would be great!

Autodesk Plant 3D Design Suite Premium 2015
Navisworks Freedom-Sim-Manage 2015
40 REPLIES 40
Message 21 of 41
Patchy
in reply to: SSAuburn

Open the drawing and use AUDIT.

Message 22 of 41
bayramalieren
in reply to: Patchy

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for your quickly reply. I have got your sended  drwings as good there is other lines forexample  much elbows with redlines, not my draws it is ok i am happy get back my drawing and i appreciate to you for this. but still i can not recovering fallowing  your says. Because if i can recover my drawings with this option i will recover some other my drawings like attached other . I thing i will remove my autocad 2014 trial verison and format my p.c after that i will install all programs again . There is no looking otherway because i nstalled 2007 and 2010 versions but nothing happen changed. Please recover last my lost drawings attached than after i won't do discomfort you. I will format to all. Thak you for everything from now.

respectfully.

B.A.E

Message 23 of 41
Patchy
in reply to: bayramalieren

Go to ADCENTER and I insert all the blocks that is in this drawing, not much in there that can be used.

Message 24 of 41

Does anyone know how to restore the Classic workspace?

Message 25 of 41

Try to click the waorkspace switching button at the bottom right corner.

then select the workspace of your choice there.

See attachment

Message 26 of 41

I'll try, thank you!

Francesco
Message 27 of 41
rtariq
in reply to: mazikhelela

please just press Ctrl+9
Message 28 of 41
rtariq
in reply to: mazikhelela

Ctrl+9 for line you can clean your lisp
Message 29 of 41
rtariq
in reply to: nestly2

please you can change your profile from tools + options + workspace then select your another profile your problem will be solve automatically
Message 30 of 41
j_tyberghien
in reply to: jpedersen

Schermafbeelding 2014-05-01 om 15.56.48.pngHi all,

can someone help me with this? The command line is really big and the other icons in the corners are so small I can barely read them...

thnx

Message 31 of 41

Dear j_tybrghien,

Your command line looking leaved from the it's place. Please try, keep command line with  left mouse button from lef corner point and move command line than you can put comment line to the any where  at the command place or work display. I hope help to you

Bayram Ali EREN

Message 32 of 41

yes thank you! Smiley Very Happy

Message 33 of 41
j_tyberghien

Hi all

I'm having some trouble with something for school. We have to make a roof like in the example and I have no idea how to even begin with that...
Could someone help me out?

Thank you!

Message 34 of 41

Dear j_tyberghien ,

Sorry! about for couldn't help about 3D drawings. I am so sorry! I think you nned have to more experts someone.

B.A.E

Message 35 of 41
Fori123
in reply to: nestly2

I am also having the same issues with the command line. When i follow the instructions in the video and go to the workspaces tab there is nothing inside of it. Any other suggestions for getting the command line restored?

Message 36 of 41
ssingh

Type COMMANDLINE

This restores your command line dialog box

Message 37 of 41
EllaMills6806
in reply to: nrz13

I have the same issue. Tried Ctrl+9, doesn't work. Any other suggestions? it says that it closes the window, but there is nothing that I can see either closing or opening... I don't need it in most cases except when I am measuring things and need to see the values and it is quite frustrating when it is missing the info.

TIA

Message 38 of 41
nrz13
in reply to: EllaMills6806

Hi, I just saw your post (the forums have been having problems with notifying users of new posts).  Were you able to get it figured out?

When you say "it says that it closes the window", what exactly is "it" that is telling you that?  As a workaround, you could use dynamic input (F12).  Otherwise, post a screen shot when it's on so we can try to see what's going on.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 39 of 41
EllaMills6806
in reply to: nrz13

nrz13,
No, I have not been able to figure it out. I can try using F12 but not sure if it would work because I am running the CAD in Parallels and I haven’t figured out a way to use Windows hotkeys in parallels; it responds to whatever Apple assigned them to function as…
I will try again and will post a screen shot. I have been using a MAC version of cad, but it is so different in Interface that it is a lot more awkward for me to navigate so I prefer to work in Windows version (but it does have the command window).

Thank you,

Ella Mills, Associate IALD, LEED AP BD+C, IES
Principal
m 503.810.2848
o 503.222.2689
e mills@biellalighting.com
www.biellalighting.com
Message 40 of 41
nrz13
in reply to: EllaMills6806

If you can't use the F12 toggle, you can enter DSETTINGS on the keyboard (should work even if you can't see your command line).  Then select the Dynamic Input tab and configure as desired.

DSETTINGS.png

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost