Did you mean: 

AUTOCAD 2014 Crashes randomly and made some parts of the file go missing

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
313 Views, 4 Replies

AUTOCAD 2014 Crashes randomly and made some parts of the file go missing

Hi autocad peeps,

I was using my autocad and it crashed half way.

There is no automatic saved file, and I did not see my complete file in my previous file, it was still using the same name.

Some of the parts went missing.

I could not find it anywhere.

But the blocks were updated, which is strange.

Does this occured to anyone before?

It has happened twice today.

I really need help in this. Urgently. 😞

Thanks all.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

hi, go to command>options>files>and check where is the folder located for your .bak files. Rename .sv$ or .Bak ot .tmp to .dwg

or check which folder you originally saved your drawings and rename .bak or .tmp to .dwg.

Suggestion :

go to options>open and save>change the default from ac$ to sv$ and change automatic save to 10-15 minutes incase you encounter unexpected error you have latest  files to retrieve.

hope it helps.

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi Ennujozlagam

Thanks for the suggestion. I have changed ac$ to sv$, and the saving time is every 10 mins.

Actually previously i did have the automatic saved file, and it worked just fine, but just yesterday this thing happened and shocked me.

However, I did not find the first step you mentioned earlier about finding where the folder for .bak etc etc

I attached a picture to let you see my settings.

And i actually couldnt find "appdata" on my c drive.

I am using windows 8, autocad 2014 original.

I wonder why original software still crashed 😞 kinda sad.

Thanks! Ill look forward for your reply!

Have a good day!

Message 4 of 5
JDMather

@Anonymous wrote:

....It has happened twice today.

I instruct my students to save frequently - we never lose an amount of work of any significant consequence.

(if they do - they repeat the work or the class)

They are taught never to rely on autosave as it doesn't do what most people thinks it does anyhow.

The other CAD programs we use don't even have an "autosave".

Welcome to the digital world.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 5 of 5
ennujozlagam

hi, have you try to install all the latest updates and hot fixes from autodesk and see how it goes. hope it helps. thanks

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost