Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 can't import license using License Transfert Utility

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
supportinformatique
2418 Views, 9 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 can't import license using License Transfert Utility

I installed the trial version of AutoCAD 2014, start License Transfert Utility, entered our serial number and then nothing happens. It doesn't bring me the windows to enter my login. Is it a bug with AutoCAD 2014?

On another computer on which I activated AutoCAD 2014, I was able to export the license, but now, I can't import it.

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Are these two different Seats of AutoCAD?

Did the Trial download version open and function normally?

And what license are you trying to transfer from a Trial version?

Are you trying to enter a S/N to make the Trial a Licensed version?

LTU has always been finicky.

Message 3 of 10

Are these two different Seats of AutoCAD?

Yes, I export the license on one computer and want to import it on another computer

Did the Trial download version open and function normally?

Yes

And what license are you trying to transfer from a Trial version?

We have multi-seat standalone licence

Are you trying to enter a S/N to make the Trial a Licensed version?
I use License Transfert Utility, enter our S/N and then I should have the login windows to enter my username/password but that windows doesn't appear. I was doing this with AutoCAD 2012 and 2013 without problem.

Edited by
Discussion_Admin

Message 4 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: Charles_Shade

@Charles_Shade wrote:

LTU has always been finicky.

I have found LTU to be pretty reliable. The downside is that there is no way to view the type and count of licenses you have "uploaded".

Now the older PLU program that let you put the license in a file or on a flash drive or floppy drive...? That one only worked about 50% of the time

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 10

Describe in detail your method of importing the license in the trial version.
Message 6 of 10

I described my method in my first message. What information do you need in addition? After I entered the S/N, the LTU windows dissapear as well as the process ltu.exe
Message 7 of 10

@supportinformatique wrote:
I described my method in my first message.

I installed the trial version of AutoCAD 2014, start License Transfert Utility, entered our serial number and then nothing happens. It doesn't bring me the windows to enter my login. Is it a bug with AutoCAD 2014?

It seems that you can enter serial number AFTER you login to your Autodesk account. Isn't it?

But you wrote that you at first enter serial and then wait for login  - strange...

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 8 of 10

Can you put the license back the same way?
What is unique about the two separate PCs? Windows versions?
Why did you install the trial and not the version you purchased? You wrote you had a multi-seat single license, are you at your limit?

LTU works fine in 2014, have you tried removing the trial per Autodesk's directions for software removal, reinstall and try again?

Message 9 of 10
rkmcswain
in reply to: maxim_k

@maxim_k wrote:

It seems that you can enter serial number AFTER you login to your Autodesk account. Isn't it?

But you wrote that you at first enter serial and then wait for login  - strange...

I was thinking the same thing.... Here is the step by step. http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=18221949&linkID=9240617
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 10 of 10

I found the problem, it was a capitale letter issue. In my product key, I putted a small f instead of a capital F. With a capital F, it brings me to the login windows and I was able to import the license.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost