AutoCAD 2014 and Windows 8.1

35 REPLIES 35
SOLVED
Message 1 of 36
ngetorru
99024 Views, 35 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 and Windows 8.1

Hello everyone,

Recently I have upgraded my Windows 8 OS to 8.1. Before it, AutoCAD 2014 was working fine, without problems. But once the Windows upgrade was finished it  is impossible to run AutoCAD. When in loading screen, AutoCAD crashes. Does "AutoCAD Service Pack 1" or "Model Documentation Hotfix for 64-bit Windows 8.1" solve my problem? If not, there is any hotfix or AutoCAD upgrade to improve compatibility between AutoCAD 2014 and Windows 8.1? I have spent for hours looking for help in Autodesk web unsuccessfully.

Thanks for all.

35 REPLIES 35
Message 2 of 36
pendean
in reply to: ngetorru

Some users have reported SP1 fixing the problem.
Autodesk has not officially supported Win8.1 AFAIK.
Message 3 of 36
detroit808

I have AutoCAD 2014 running on Windows 8.1 x64 without any problems, but I didn't upgrade from 8, it was a full 8.1 install on a system from scratch, so If you can set up a system from scratch I list steps below.

There are specifics you need to perform to get this running else AutoCAD installer fails and this is documented by Autodesk somewhere.

1. Fresh install of 8.1 x64 (not upgrade).

2. In Windows Control Panel 'Programs and Features' uninstall 'Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable'

3. Download and Install .Net 3.5 Framework for 8.1  (right click run as admin) file = dotNetFx35_W8.1_x64.exe

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=25150

4. Install AutoCAD 2014

Message 4 of 36
ngetorru

I have reinstalled completely AutoCAD 2014 from the web. There was no problem with the download and installing. But when I ran it for the first time, AutoCAD didn't starts correctly. Before any license requirement it show me the message in the picture. 

"El sistema de seguridad ( administrador de licencias con bloqueo mediante sofware) no funciona o está instalado de forma incorrecta"

" Security sistem ( license with software lock admin ) does not work or it was not installed fine"

What does it mean? For which security sistem is AutoCAD asking me?

Thanks for all.

Message 5 of 36
ngetorru
in reply to: detroit808

Why I need to remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable? It is not enought installing .Net 3.5 Framework for 8.1?
Message 6 of 36
detroit808

Hi ngetorru,

The reason for this, is that the AutoCAD 2014 installer has an older version of the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable" framework than the one Windows 8.1 installs. So for new installs, of AutoCAD on Windows 8.1 the installer fails, but for systems with Windows 8 and an existing AutoCAD install which is then upgraded to Windows 8.1, AutoCAD will not run due to these errors. So the solution was, to uninstall the newer "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable" from Windows 8.1, install AutoCAD to let it install its own older version of the framework, then later after AutoCAD is running, install the newer "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable" framework that I posted.

I documented only the steps to install successfully but I didn't save the link to the document Autodesk made which explains the situation and I can't seem to find it anywhere at this point. If I find time and locate it i'll edit my first post to include it.

Oh, it seems I can't edit a previous post of mine that's been replied to. 

I'm not 100% certain this is the exact document but it's details are the same.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

Message 7 of 36
SWC0218

Okay - I've tried unloading, reloading, service packs etc etc.  But after upgrading from windows 8 to 8.1 my Acad LT 2013 still won't work!!!  I am now willing to by a new copy of Acad just so I can get my business running again.  What do I buy?  What version of ACAD LT works with windows 8.1????

Message 8 of 36
SWC0218

Different issue now which kind of changes things.  I can load Acad LT 2013 using Windows 8.1 but when loading it brings me to an activation page.  It won't let me activate and says I have an invalid serial number.  I have a legal version of the software and have entered all numbers correctly but it won' t activate license.  It allows me to run software as in evaluation mode and it work so win 8.1 isn't the issue.

In short - whats wrong with my serial number and how do I activate as I now only have 7 days before evaluation mode runs out.

This is really annoying!!!

Message 9 of 36
mv.delatorre

I am just having the same problem. It's really annoying, as I'm in firmly need to use AutoCAD in my degree.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Message 10 of 36
mohsen177
in reply to: mv.delatorre

I had the same problem. My ultimate Solutuion:

Update your Graphic card driver. For win 8.1 you are in need of new Driver for your hardware. Maybe all hardware drivers

It works now

Message 11 of 36
sochi2014!!!

I recently purchased, a trial version of Autodesk Autocad 2014, from someone in Kent, over the internet.

I have downloaded the program ok, however i`m finding that it won`t go any further than the

license agreement, i click "i agree", & it won`t go any further.

I have Windows 8.1. on my computer.

Are there compatibility issues between, Autodesk Autocad 2014, & Windows 8.1.

If this is the situation are Microsoft providing any fix`s/solutions for this problem ???

Any feedback on this issue, would be very welcome.

Message 12 of 36
jggerth1
in reply to: sochi2014!!!

If you purchased a trial version of 2014, you were scammed. The trial is freely available and down loadable from Autodesk.com. and will run for 30 days. for the rest of your question, lokk at the installation log file and see what that says.... see http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...
Message 13 of 36
mervinalejo

Buenas tardes he obtenido una licencia de estudiante para utilizar los productos,tengo intalado windows 8.1 e instale autocad pero cuando ejecuto el programa me sale una ventana que dice que el sistema de seguridad (Administrador de Licencias acondicionado Bloqueo MEDIANTE descargas) No funciona o no está Instalado de forma Incorrecta que debo de hacer ya he desistalado e instalado nuevamente y no se que mas hacer muchas gracias

Message 14 of 36
sin.of.hell

here also i have the same problem, when i upgrad my windows 8 to 8.1.
i tried to troubleshoot the problem and run it as administrator, but it still not working !!

Message 15 of 36
CristianAgudelo

Message 16 of 36
monkywilly

Temgo varios Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable instalados en mi PC ¿cual de todos es el que tengo que desintalar? Tengo 3 -X64 y tambien 3X86.

Adjunto print screen de mi panel de control

Gracias

Message 17 of 36
pendean
in reply to: sin.of.hell

AutoCAD system requirements are posted, Win8.1 is only supported in AutoCAD 2015 products: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...
Message 18 of 36
monkywilly
in reply to: sochi2014!!!

Muchas gracias, lo intentare!!

Message 19 of 36
monkywilly
in reply to: pendean

Hola, ante mi consulta sobre autocad 2014 instalado sin poder funcionar, y
ya desinstalado, me responden con este link
http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/System-...
la pregunta es ?Cual el es el codigo de activacion o debo instalar
nuevamente autocad 2014 y luego ejecutar este archivo que ya he bajado del
link recomendado?
Message 20 of 36
asukaragnaboy

This Solved my Installation of Autocad 2014 64Bit in a new Windows 8.1 operated Laptop.. Thanks to this, big help!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost