Autocad 2014 AEC dimension: opening/door/window associativity initiation failed

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
ruipfbarreiros
7366 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2014 AEC dimension: opening/door/window associativity initiation failed

Hi,

Anybody get this error yet? I'm opening a file that has xref's on it and most of the times, when I open the file I get this error and then some of the xref's aren't loaded...how could I fix this?

I'm using AutoCAD 2014. I've tried recover and audit the xref's but had no luck. I know this is somewhat vague but I just wanted to know if this has ever happened to you..

---------------------------------------

Using Building Design Suite 2019
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Hi,

>> I'm using AutoCAD 2014

Plain (Vanilla) AutoCAD? Or do you use AutoCAD Architecture or AutoCAD MEP 2014?

Because plain AutoCAD does not know anything about door/window/opening ... so this message appearing in AutoCAD would be surprising.

If you are using one of the above products then there are special forums >>>for ACA<<< and >>>for MEP<<<.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 5

I'm using plain AutoCAD, i have building design suite 2014...

Its strange because there's nothing related to that error message in the xrefs. The only thing in the xrefs besides normal cad objects are civil 3d entitites, namely pipe networks.

Message 4 of 5

Aditional info: Sometimes, the status of the xref says "unresolved"...when i reload the xref everything returns to normal, but this doesn't happen all the time, and i havent' figured out the pattern yet..

PS: The drawings that have this issue were created in 2012...

Message 5 of 5

i thought i had done this already with no sucess but apparently auditing the file solved the problem this time...

thanks anyway

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost