Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2014 - Add drawing scale

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nadinepearson
374 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2014 - Add drawing scale

I'm trying to add a custom scale to my drawing, but as soon as I click on "add...", the window doesn't show up, but I can't click on anything unless I hit esc, as if the window is hiding somewhere that I can't see. This appears to only happen in 2014.

Any fixes?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
doni49
in reply to: nadinepearson

It sounds like the dialog box thinks it should be opening on a second monitor or that maybe it's been moved so far to the edge of your monitor that you can't see it.

After you've clicked "Add" and the dialog is presumably off screen, press Alt+Spacebar, then M.  This initiates the dialog's "move" intent.  See if you can move the dialog box by pressing the arrow keys on your keyboard.  Count how many times you press a key so that you can bring it back to the same spot if that doesn't bring it into view.  Then once you've "brought it back", try moving it in the opposite direction.  Keep trying until you see it -- as long as you always "bring it back", then you should eventually find it -- there are only 4 possible directions.

EDIT:  "then you should eventually find it" -- that is assuming you press the arrow keys enough.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 4
nadinepearson
in reply to: doni49

Yes! Thank you!

Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: nadinepearson

I'm pleased to hear that you got it resolved. Thanks for letting us know. Have a great day!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost