Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 No Serial Number on Package

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
visualize83
6184 Views, 17 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 No Serial Number on Package

There is no serial number on either of the autodesk design suites I just purchased.  The yellow sticker on both boxes are blank.  What do I do?  How do I install my products?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
lesleys
in reply to: visualize83

I would ask where did you puchase it from?

If from a genuine reseller you should go back to them, if you purchased it from Auotdesk on-line you need to contact them.

However if you have purchased this from an unauthorised seller this is probably not a geniune (legal) copy so you will not be able to get a number.

Message 3 of 18
pendean

There are no yellow stickers on 'backup' media orders: your serial/product key info would be in an email from Autodesk (not the online seller unless it was an Authorized reseller) if it is a legit purchase.
Is that what you are looking at, your 'backup' media order?
Message 4 of 18
visualize83
in reply to: pendean

I bought the products from Amazon.  They came in a package from "Amazon Fulfillment Services", as the return adress, with Amazon printed all over the envelope.  I don't know what you mean with "backup media orders".  I tried to google it and it just brings me to this thread.  How do you get the email from autodesk then?

Message 5 of 18
visualize83

Also, I went to www.identit-e.com/autodesk, entered the product code, so maybe that's all I have to do.....and wait since it says it's under review.....

Problem is, then when I try to check the status it says the email is wrong.  That's not possible.  This whole process is extremely retarded.

Message 6 of 18
DarrenP

autodesk no longer puts serial numbers on the boxes anymore

they are emailed to you when the order is complete

contact amazon to check status since that is where you bought it from

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 18
visualize83
in reply to: DarrenP

From what I read on Autodesks own site, was that they would no longer be putting the serial number on products starting in 2014.  This is a 2013 product.  I'll check with them regardless.  Thank you.

Message 8 of 18
DarrenP

its for every product and version

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 9 of 18
JDMather

@visualize83 wrote:
....  This whole process is extremely retarded.

If you purchase from Autodesk or from an Autodesk Authorized Reseller the process should be fairly painless.
How much did you pay for the software (if less than the $4k shown here http://store.autodesk.com/store/adskus/en_US/pd/AutoCAD_2014/productID.264661300 ) should be a clue that the sale might not be legitimate.

If it sounds too good to be true...

The license activation process is:

You enter Product Code and your personal Serial Number (provided by seller).

Your computer creates an Activation Request Code that is unique to that machine installed with your serial number.

Autodesk sends back an Activation Code.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 10 of 18
pendean

The only thing I see for your product at amazon is $120 Student versions, not the full product.
Student/Educational software is free for students through Autofesk, illegal for non-Students to use, and you are required to register as a student at Autodesk with proof to get serial nbers and activation information.

So are you a student? Or a business owner trying to activate very expensive software illegally for $120/seat?
Message 11 of 18
GrantsPirate

The full version is for sale on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Dsoftware&field-keywords=autocad+2013&rh=n%...

GrantsPirate
Piping and Mech. Designer
EXPERT ELITE MEMBER
Always save a copy of the drawing before trying anything suggested here.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If something I wrote can be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, I meant the other one.

Message 12 of 18
visualize83
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I am a student, and it is a student version.  I got it as a present but I'm the one trying to activate it.

It's the Autodesk Design Suite, so it's not one of the free versions you can download off the site in the education community.

I have access to the education community and my profile has my school listed under my name.  So where do I go then to have them send me the serial number for the product I purchased? 

Message 13 of 18
JDMather

@visualize83 wrote:

Yes, I am a student, and it is a student version.  I got it as a present but I'm the one trying to activate it.

Then the "present" cost $120 more than needed to pay for free product.

From the student website each product is a separate download rather than a suite.

Go to the student website (http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity ) and start the download process for each product in your suite (you might only have to click Get Serial Number).  (you don't have to actually complete the download process as you already have an install disk)

You will be assigned a serial number and product code for each software.

If you have not already installed it from the disk - install in trail mode so that you do not have to enter a serial number (or you might have to enter all zeros).  I recommend running in trial mode for close to 30-days to make sure all is well (as you can only activate any particular serial number twice without trouble) and then activate each (with your serial numbers).  (process might very just a bit)

Your instructor should have covered all of this in class to avoid a lot of frustration (and save you $120.)

You should have pointed out in your original problem statement that you are a student trying to activate a student license.

BTW - there is an entire forum dedicated to installation/activation over here http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/bd-p/24

Serial Number.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EESignature

Message 14 of 18
visualize83
in reply to: JDMather

I've purchased student versions of other products before because then they don't stop functionality after a certain amount of time like the free versions.  Maybe this software is different. Oh well. Maybe you should follow Adobe's lead.

For all the condesending statements you people aren't very helpful.  I don't think you even know what you're talking about, and instead of offering help you just post worthless links to generic pages like everywhere else on this site.  One would think you could infer what some of my problems were, being that you are supposed to be "experts".

Message 15 of 18
visualize83

Just because you're all so stupid, I decided to come back in case any other students are reading this that have purchased a student version.  Autodesk does offer student versions for sale.  They don't have a time limit, and have full functionality. 

Here is a link to the details that I finally found with no help from anyone on here.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=10916786

http://studentsdownload.autodesk.com/ef/27288/cdcoll/downloads/StudentSuites/AutodeskEDU_FAQ_Student...

All you experts need to either know what you're talking about or keep your comments to yourself.  I'm still having problems getting it verified, but nobody on here knows anything so I'll look somewhere else.

Message 16 of 18

Hi,

>> Just because you're all so stupid

First I want to thank you for that, quite nice! Second: not the best words if you want to get answers to questions.

Ok, back to your last message:

>> any other students are reading this that have purchased a student version. 

>> Autodesk does offer student versions for sale

Sorry to say, but you missed something very important: One license type is for schools (e.g. Autodesk Education Suite), the other license is for students.

Schools can buy (yes, buy) licenses to install on their (school) systems to hold (and sell) trainings. These license types are not for students for there home systems.

The student-license is free (everywhere around the world), it's an option to give students the aibility to learn the software also on there own systems or to do there construction (homeworkks) needed for school/university.

I don't want to say now that I'm less stupid because I read the linked sites more carefully ... at least I please you to not rant the guys here that tried to help you. It might be the case you had no luck with the answers yet. But I learned also: if I get the wrong answers I may have failed to define the question detailed enough/correct enough!

From your post (post 5 in this thread)

>> and wait since it says it's under review.....

If you are waiting for a mail from Autodesk, then please accept that it's weekend, so maybe it will arrive tomorrow (I hope it for you).

From post 7:

>> Maybe you should follow Adobe's lead

Who is "you"? If you mean the guys trying to help here, then I don't understand why they should follow Adobe if you want to install an Autodesk product. If you mean Autodesk then you are in the wrong site as this forum is a discussion/help forum "from users to users". There is no guarantee that anyone from Autodesk licensing department will read that thread here.

From last post (15):

>> All you experts need to either know what you're talking about or keep your comments to yourself

Do you see how you handle the hand(s) that tries to help you? Especially the last post from JDMather: he tried to show you the way either with the new download, he also showed you the right forum for licensing problems ==> and instead of describing what you tried then from that suggestions you are offending him.

If you want to continue then please try what was suggested or let us know what you tried, what you got then as a result or, if you haven't tried something then let us know why not.

Again: as adults we should have the respect from each other ....please! (and use the wording like just ask or answer, ranting is not necessary and at least ==> ranting does not help to solve your problem!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 17 of 18
JDMather

@visualize83 wrote:

Just because you're all so stupid, I decided to come back in case any other students are reading this that have purchased a student version. ....

To the other students who come along and read this - the FREE student license is good for 3-yrs and each year you can download the newest version of the software and get a brand new FREE 3-yr student license.  So, as students, you can always keep up-to-date on the very latest version.  Any student anywhere in the world over the age of eleven can download the Autodesk titles for free.  At one time I counted at least 21 different titles worth more than $100k at commercial price.  What other company offers you $100k worth of free learning software?

As students you can purchase a perpetual student license, but then you don't get the benefit of FREE update every year while you are a student.  Software changes very rapidly, you want to be trained on the latest version when it comes time to compete with students from other schools upon graduation.

You might also check to see if your school has a student IT Help Desk that can help you download, install and activate software.

If for some reason you do want to purchase FREE software I recommend you use one of the Autodesk Authorized educational resellers, like http://www.journeyed.com/dept/Software/Engineering+and+CAD/284018

rather than Amazon.com  they will give you a serial number with your purchase.

EESignature

Message 18 of 18
maxim_k

@visualize83

If you REALLY are a student and if you REALLY want to study Autodesk products, you're really just shooting yourself in the foot.

If you shoot yourself in the foot, you harm yourself in some way by doing something stupid or making a silly mistake.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost