Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 Mouse Wheel Pan Not Working

54 REPLIES 54
SOLVED
Message 1 of 55
egmcmahon
165853 Views, 54 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 Mouse Wheel Pan Not Working

good morning. my mouse wheel worked for panning while i am in the middle of a command, put now it stopped working and when i click the wheel i get my osnaps command. how can i get my mouse wheel to pan again?

thank you

54 REPLIES 54
Message 2 of 55
pendean
in reply to: egmcmahon

MBUTTONPAN variable, turn it on.
Message 3 of 55
egmcmahon
in reply to: pendean

thanks that worked. lol i dont know how i turned it off. but again thank you

Message 4 of 55
a.koziol

I just started having the same problem.  I have checked the MBUTTONPAN variable; it is 1.  I am using the free student version.  What else can I check?

Message 5 of 55
heinsite
in reply to: a.koziol

You can begin with mouse properties in Windows, or if you have dedicated mouse configuration software look there.

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 6 of 55
junk.file
in reply to: heinsite

I have the same problem with mousewheel. The MBUTTONPAN variable; it is 1.  I am using the free student version. I checked my mousewheel settings in Windows. ??????/ 

Message 7 of 55
heinsite

@egmcmahon wrote:

good morning. my mouse wheel worked for panning while i am in the middle of a command, put now it stopped working and when i click the wheel i get my osnaps command. how can i get my mouse wheel to pan again?

thank you

It happens to all of us.  Happened to me the other day too, and often has to do with the mouse button settings themselves.  You don't mention what type of mouse you have, but mine are all Logitech units that come with Logitech SetPoint Settings software.  If you have something similar check to see that the Middle Button task is simply set to "Middle Button".  That's all it takes for a Logitech mouse to return to normal in AutoCAD, Google Earth, and probably a lot of other applications too.  This is in addition to the MBUTTONPAN setting mentioned above of course.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 8 of 55
cjpilapil
in reply to: heinsite

Hi, im a newbie here and got the same problem. I did the MBUTTONPAN and works fine, however every drawing i opened i often press the same command to be operational. Is there any way that we can set it permanently?

Thank you. 

Message 9 of 55
heinsite

@egmcmahon wrote:

thank you

The MBUTTONPAN system variable is saved in the registry, so you really shouldn't have to reset it in each new drawing.  It sounds like something else is going on in your case.  My notes above may help if you haven't seen them already.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 10 of 55
csloce

I'm using AUTOCAD LT 2014.  My middle mouse button (wheel) will control zoom but it will not pan when I click the wheel.  I'm using a Logitech wireless mouse.  MBUTTONPAN is set to 1.  I've checked all settings in the control panel.  The wheel works perfectly fine in all other programs.

I've tried establishing a new button in the mouse control under the Manage Tab on the ribbon.  It seems like that might be the solution but I need some guidance.

Any sincere help will be appreciated.

Message 11 of 55
heinsite

To pan with most of the Logitech mice you have to press and hold the scroll wheel and drag.  If this is not working for some reason open up the Set Point software (if you don't have it you can download the correct version for your mouse from the Logitech website) and check that the Middle Button is set to Middle Button.  That will most likely solve the issue for you.

Dave.

Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 12 of 55
junk.file
in reply to: csloce

My Dell logictech wireless mouse does not zoom with the wheel. I found out
that my regular wired mouse works fine so I use it when doing CAD.

Len
Message 13 of 55
dsigman01
in reply to: junk.file

I just had the same problem.  My mouse reconfigured itself.

Under the control panel the mouse wheel has to be configured to - Middle Click.

Mine set itself to Default.

Message 14 of 55
tsanders

I am having the same problem, however, mine was working fine and now it will not pan with clicking the wheel. it still zooms, but will not pan. I have checked all the suggestions and still cannot get it to pan. Please help me figure out what is going on.

Travis

Message 15 of 55
brymore1
in reply to: tsanders

The same thing happened to me.  Turns out the battery on my wireless mouse was low.  Everything was working except for the center wheel click (to pan), but a fresh battery solved it for me.  Go figure.

Message 16 of 55
eward573
in reply to: pendean

mbuttonpan worked great.  thank you

Message 17 of 55
ahxujian

Some virus can make the MBUTTOMPAN variables off.....

http://www.cad8.net
Message 18 of 55
psani
in reply to: ahxujian

I use a Microsoft Mouse and the pan feature was not working. I followed the instructions and opened the application that controls the mouse, in my case it was "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" then I changed the assignment for the middle button to 'Middle-click'. This enabled the pan feature with  AutoCAD 2015. Hope this helps someone else in future.

Paymon

Message 19 of 55
rainmanoliver1
in reply to: a.koziol

Probably a bit late to help the original posts, but I was experiencing the same issue this morning. What fixed it for me was toggling the 'insert' button on my keyboard. Don't ask why this worked, but it did. 

Dell laptop, using laptop keyboard and wireless Logitech M510 mouse. 

Hopel that is of help to someone else out there...

-rC

Tags (1)
Message 20 of 55
pendean
in reply to: rainmanoliver1

Curious fix: thanks for sharing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost