AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

Jason152
Message 1 of 2 (2,055 Views)

AutoCAD 2013 hangs on first run initialization @ License Checking

2055 Views, 1 Replies
11-16-2012 07:59 AM

Hello,

We have just updated AutoCAD 2010 to AutoCAD 2013 at my office and I ran into an issue where the first run initialization is hanging at the License check. It is shown as responding properly in Task Manager and when forced closed by Task Manager, the small license window closes, but the larger AutoCAD start-up window remains and has no way of closing. My coworker was able to install his copy with no issues so I don't believe it is the license. I still have use of AutoCAD 2010, but I would greatly appreciate any help so that I can upgrade.

Thank you,

roque
Message 2 of 2 (1,718 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2013 hangs on first run initialization @ License Checking

01-23-2013 03:05 PM in reply to: Jason152

The same thing happened to me recently when I installed the Building Design Suite Standard 2013. I already had Autocad Architecture installed before this. Opened up AutoCad Architecture, got the splash screen running "First run intialisation" and just froze there. I left my machine running overnight hoping that it will initialise when I come back the next day. But it didn't.  I noticed there were 2 Autodesk items on my task bar, I clicked one, and there it was - a window prompt asking if  I would like to re-associate all .dwg files to AutoCAD.  It was just hiding behind the splash screen awaiting response.  

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.