Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2013 failing to save in the correct format

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
lmann545
478 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2013 failing to save in the correct format

AutoCAD 2013 keeps saving files in the 2013 file format instead of as an AutoCAD 2007/LT2007 drawing, which is what I have indicated under "save as" in my options menu.  This is leading to coworkers working on the same project with older versions of AutoCAD (2010-2012) unable to open files I have worked on and xrefs failing to load or print when sheets are opened or printed by coworkers.  If I go into an affected file, open it, hit save, and close it, it fixes the problem, but it's a time consuming solution as sometimes all files in a folder are affected, even if I had only been working in one or two of them recently.  I have verified that my AutoCAD is set to save as a 2007 file under options, a screen shot of my options settings is attached. Is there something I'm missing?  Has anyone else run into this issue?  Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: lmann545

Are you perhaps using REFEDIT To edit XREFs? There is something 'else' going on: are you all using plain AutoCAD 2013? Add-ons?
Message 3 of 7
lmann545

I'm not using REFEDIT to edit XREFs, I open them as a separate file, sometimes by clicking an XREF and choosing "Open Reference" from the "External Reference" menu, sometimes by opening them directly from a file folder.  As far as I'm aware I'm using plain AutoCAD 2013 with no add-ons, is there somewhere I can look to check that?  Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

ABOUT command, product Version entry, will confirm your version number. Do NOT post your serial number 🙂

Sorry but in an office full of many versions here we cannot reproduce your issue: there has to be more to it than your curent observations.
Message 5 of 7
lmann545
in reply to: pendean

It says Product Version: G.204.0, AutoCAD 2013 SP2.  We have two computers with 2013 in our office, and we both have run into this issue but have no idea how to fix it.  If you come up with anything, let me know!  Thanks!

Message 6 of 7
pendean

That matches mine, so you are current and have all the patches (a good thing) 🙂
Message 7 of 7
dgorsman

I think this is has come up a couple of times in other posts.  Off the top of my head, the general consensus was it was from loading XREFs, where the XREFs would automatically be upgraded (possibly to cover conversion of vertical AEC content).  Best bet, get everybody working on the same version and when upgrading move everybody at the same time.  This is even more important when there is a major version update involved (between 2012 and 2013 in this case).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost