Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCad 2013 Extruding complex shape causes program to crash.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jvengley
548 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCad 2013 Extruding complex shape causes program to crash.

Hello.  I have a teacher who is trying to Extrude a complex shape in AutoCad 2013 and the program keeps crashing. They have recently received a 3d printer and are trying to do this. There is no real error message, program stops responding and then crashes. 

I thought it could be due to the machine only having 4GB of RAM.  It is a Dell Optiplex 9010 desktop running Windows 7 x64 Pro. We have upped the RAM to 8GB total.  Program renders much quicker, but still getting the same thing when trying to extrude the complex shape. 

I'm no pro with Autodesk at all. Is the teacher using the correct program in the suite to do this? Or should she use Inventor or another program for this?

Thank you for any help available.

Josh

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: jvengley

Inventor is substantially more complex than AutoCAD, IMHO, requiring better understanding of what you are asking the software to do.  But it does a better job of handling complex objects once you have that understanding.

Could you attach your shape here so others can take a look?

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 4
jvengley
in reply to: dgorsman

I have emailed the teacher now.  I will have her see if she can take a screen shot of the item as well as possibly getting the actual file.

Thank you. Hope to have that posted up here soon.

Message 4 of 4
jvengley
in reply to: jvengley

Here is a screen shot of what she has :

Cad2013.JPG

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost