AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

kolasing
Message 1 of 7 (4,579 Views)
Accepted Solution

AutoCAD 2013 customization

4579 Views, 6 Replies
07-17-2012 12:29 PM

Greetings,

I need some support to address a custom deployment configuration.  We are deploying Autodesk suite to 4 labs and need to customize the look and templates for the deployment.  See the list below.

I have setup the CAD environment using profile and workspace after reading some posts on the CAD wiki.  According to the posts, Options are controlled by Profile and Workspace controls the look and feel of toolbars and other settings (listed below).  Using Create & Modify Deployment, I have added a new ARG folder under installation directory and selected the New Trier Profile.arg file.  Also, under Template, I’ve added New Trier Student Template.dwt.  And under Support, I’ve added acad.CUIX that was exported from the setup PC. 

The shortcut parameters are: /p "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2013\ARG\New Trier Profile.arg" /t "New Trier Student Template.dwt" /w "New Trier Workspace"

To test, I named the shortcut AutoCAD 2013 – NT.  After deployment, the custom shortcut does not load the template.  Regular shortcut does but most of the customizations are not present.  Ex. #2, #7, #6, even though the profile loads.  The New Trier Workspace does not load at all.  

How do I solve this once and for all?  I would like to have a solid solution for this. 

1. Show menu bar on the top menu

2. Annotation visibility and Automatically add Scales - Turned on

3. Drawing units - Architectural

4. Custom student template - .dwt

5. Change the background to BLACK - in options

6. Object Snap - Object ON, Select ALL

7. Snap holders color - RED - in options

8. 2D Drafting and Annotation - ON

9. Dynamic Input - ON

10. Quick Properties - OFF

11. Line weight - OFF

First of all, thank you for your help.  True professional. 

I just tested the registry key with the value data of "ff" for red color and it works great.  The AutoSnap Marker Color is set to RED automatically.  We will merge that registry key using SCCM during the deployment.

AutoSnap Marker Color.reg

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B001:409\FixedProfile\Editor Configuration]

"Model AutoSnap Color"=dword:000000ff

To keep it simple, I've used modified syntax for acaddoc.lsp provided by you with a custom template .dwt added to Template directory (Modify Deployment) and custom profile .arg added to a new ARG folder under CAD install directory (Modify Deployment).  Since we want the settings to run every time a new drawing is created, acaddoc.lsp works great.

acaddoc.lsp

;;;  Note: The acaddoc.lsp loads LISP code into every document

(setvar "menubar" 1)

(setvar "annoallvisible" 1) (setvar "annoautoscale" 1)

(setvar "lunits" 4)

(setvar "osmode" 16383)

(setvar "dynmode" 3)

(setvar "WSCURRENT" "New Trier Workspace")

(setvar "qpmode" 0)

(setvar "lwdisplay" 0)

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 2 of 7 (4,559 Views)

Re: AutoCAD 2013 customization

07-17-2012 03:55 PM in reply to: kolasing

As much as possible, forget profiles and just push the settings you want at launch time using a single networked copy of the "acad.lsp" file which loads once when AutoCAD is launched. If something is drawing saved, set it in the template (although you can push 'drawing specific' settings using "Acaddoc.lsp", which loads each time a drawing is loaded.

1 = (setvar "menubar" 1)

2 = (setvar "annoallvisible" 1) (setvar "annoautoscale" 1)

3 = (setvar "lunits" 4)

4 can be set with a bit more complex code

5 can be set with a bit more complex code

6 = (setvar "osmode" 16383)

7 can be set with a bit more complex code

8 = (setvar "dynmode" 3)

9 = (vl-cmdf "._workspace" "_C" "2D Drafting and Annotation")

10 = (setvar "qpmode" 0)

11 = (setvar "lwdisplay" 0)

I have some examples for 4, 5, and 7 if you are interested.

kolasing
Message 3 of 7 (4,534 Views)

07-18-2012 06:27 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

Thank you for this response.  Yes, if you have more examples, that would be very helpful.

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 4 of 7 (4,516 Views)

07-18-2012 11:09 AM in reply to: kolasing

For #4, it sounds like you want to set the default template.

One way of doing this is via the "acad.lsp" file. See this page:  http://cadpanacea.com/node/52  for an example.

See this page for an example of progamatically changing the background color: http://cadpanacea.com/node/50 

On #7 are you talking about the grip color or the autosnap aperture box?

kolasing
Message 5 of 7 (4,482 Views)

07-19-2012 08:39 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

On #7, I want the Auto Snap rectangular box to keep the red color setting. 

It's under: Options, Drafting, AutoSnap Settings, Colors, Drawing Window Colors, 2D model space, 2d Autosnap marker, Color: red

I can't find the variable that controls that setting to place it in the acaddoc.lsp file. Ex. APBOX or APERTURE don't control the color of the box.  Your suggestions are great and I was able to get most of the cusomization going except this one.

Auto Snap Marker Color.jpg

*Expert Elite*
rkmcswain
Message 6 of 7 (4,474 Views)

07-19-2012 11:09 AM in reply to: kolasing

From my initial observations, you used to be able to control this via the API, but not any more.

The current setting is stored in the registry here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\Rxx.x\ACAD-xxxx:xxx\FixedProfile\Editor Configuration\Model AutoSnap Color

Although you can set this from inside AutoCAD with a lisp function, AutoCAD will not "read" this new setting - and furthermore, when you exit AutoCAD, it writes the current value of this setting to the registry, wiping out any "backdoor" changes you made to it.

Maybe you can set it at computer boot time in your login script?

kolasing
Message 7 of 7 (4,470 Views)

07-19-2012 11:38 AM in reply to: rkmcswain

First of all, thank you for your help.  True professional. 

I just tested the registry key with the value data of "ff" for red color and it works great.  The AutoSnap Marker Color is set to RED automatically.  We will merge that registry key using SCCM during the deployment.

AutoSnap Marker Color.reg

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R19.0\ACAD-B001:409\FixedProfile\Editor Configuration]

"Model AutoSnap Color"=dword:000000ff

To keep it simple, I've used modified syntax for acaddoc.lsp provided by you with a custom template .dwt added to Template directory (Modify Deployment) and custom profile .arg added to a new ARG folder under CAD install directory (Modify Deployment).  Since we want the settings to run every time a new drawing is created, acaddoc.lsp works great.

acaddoc.lsp

;;;  Note: The acaddoc.lsp loads LISP code into every document

(setvar "menubar" 1)

(setvar "annoallvisible" 1) (setvar "annoautoscale" 1)

(setvar "lunits" 4)

(setvar "osmode" 16383)

(setvar "dynmode" 3)

(setvar "WSCURRENT" "New Trier Workspace")

(setvar "qpmode" 0)

(setvar "lwdisplay" 0)

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.