Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 14 installation from old student version still leaves watermark

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
280 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad 14 installation from old student version still leaves watermark

I have a student version of Autocad 14 on my laptop. When I install Autocad 14 full licenced version I still get the watermark version. Even if I totally uninstall the student version first. The student version was licensed for 3 years and I still have about a year left.  How can I load the full licensed version immediately instead of waiting for the student version to expire?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Maybe you use a part of the student version drawing.

Message 3 of 4
David.Pullin

Any content used or copied from a file that you opened and saved with the student version will be 'corrupted' with the watermark.

Message 4 of 4
rkmcswain

This does not answer your question directly, but if you need a quick workaround install SP1 for 2014.

With SP1 installed, the plot stamp does not appear, even with "infected" drawings.

Note this will not "fix" the drawing, it just keeps AutoCAD 2014 SP1 from reporting and plotting the EDU watermark. So if you share these "infected" drawings with others who are not on 2014 SP1 or later, they will get the stamp. And as far as I know the "infection" will still travel from DWG to DWG even with SP1.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost