Did you mean: 

Auto updating cover sheet.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
dlashley1294
230 Views, 2 Replies

Auto updating cover sheet.

Hello all,

I am working on a project and need to make a cover sheet to go with it. I was curious as to weather I could use the sheet set manager or something similar to auto update that sheet as I was working. I don't want to have to put information into Excel and I don't want to have to keep reloading a new table from the sheet set manager.

If anyone can help that would save me a great deal of time!

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: dlashley1294

Are you referring to creating a sheet list on the cover?

We use SSM to do that.  If a sheet name changes, the list does get updated.  But if a sheet is added to the set, I've found that I need to recreate the sheet list.  But that's STILL a lot easier than doing it manually or using excel.

EDIT:  I realized after posting this that I'm looking at the 2013/2014/2015 forum.  I haven't tested this in 2014 and don't have access to 13 or 15.  My experience with this issue has been in 2012.  Hopefully they've fixed the issue about needing to recreate the list.  But that would be somehing to test.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
dlashley1294
in reply to: doni49

That's what I was curious about. We use the SSM to do that, but as you said we have to recreate the list. I just wasn't sure if someone had found a way to do this automatically or in a more simple manner than running the list every time we add a new sheet to it.

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost