Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto cad with yosemite

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
riosjuampi
738 Views, 9 Replies

Auto cad with yosemite

I downloaded and installed YOSEMITE and now, when using auto cad, I cant use the trackpad as I did with maveriks. When using two fingers, instead of moving it like wiht "the hand" (like 3 fingers on osx apps), it zooms....is really annoying. PLEASE HELPPPP

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Hi,

what AutoCAD release are you working with?

Because when I look to the systemrequirements for AutoCAD on Mac >>>here<<< only AutoCAD 2015 is tested on Yosemite.

Besides of that: there is a special forum for AutoCAD on Mac >>>there<<<.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 10
peculiari
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

This guy is right. It's the same problem in both versions (2014 and 2015); the pan was replaced with zoom on trackpad, although you can use pan with ALT key but is annoying. Both versions (2014 & 2015) are compatible with OSX Yosemite. 

Message 4 of 10
william.gendri
in reply to: riosjuampi

try this tips, it works for me.

do a little selection on the drawing , then you can pan.

or , install an autocad 2015 LT edition for mac (trial license), somehow it fix the error on the autocad 2013 as well.

Message 5 of 10
peculiari
in reply to: william.gendri

It doesn't work

Message 6 of 10
doni49
in reply to: peculiari

1. as was already indicated, there is a forum specifically for Acad on Mac.  You'll find a greater concentration of people who use Acad on Mac over there and therefore a larger pool of people who can help you.
  2. You'll need to provide more info than "it doesn't work".  What exactly does it do that you DON'T expect it to do?  What exactly does it NOT do that you DO expect it to do?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 10
peculiari
in reply to: doni49

(for doni49)

I tried the solution proposed by william.gendri and it didn't work. Read above if you want to understand what "it doesn't work".

There a lot of elite experts here, but just for solving the easiest matters.

Usually when some elite expert or any other guy have no ideea about the problem he gives some random advice or asking another questions.

I'm sure you have no ideea what I'm talking about

Message 8 of 10
nrz13

Peculiari:

That's a lot of attitude for a posting that's not even in the correct forum.  If you expect help with your version of AutoCAD, which is unique to Mac, you need to be looking for help in the AutoCAD for Mac forum.  Don't post in a PC forum expecting expert advice on Mac setups.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 9 of 10
drp281

@peculiari wrote:

(for doni49)

I tried the solution proposed by william.gendri and it didn't work. Read above if you want to understand what "it doesn't work".

There a lot of elite experts here, but just for solving the easiest matters.

Usually when some elite expert or any other guy have no ideea about the problem he gives some random advice or asking another questions.

I'm sure you have no ideea what I'm talking about

did you even read Alfreds post?

this isn't the Autocad for MAC forum

Message 10 of 10
doni49
in reply to: riosjuampi

If you want to continue hoping someone here can help you instead of the going to the forum with people who actually use the same software you've got, I can't stop you.

But I'll offer just a bit of advice: try not to alienate those who are trying to help you.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost