Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto cad lagging and crashing when auto saving or saving.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
798 Views, 3 Replies

Auto cad lagging and crashing when auto saving or saving.

hi all 

this is my first post on this forums

I am a building design student and have been using AUTO CAD 2014 for the last year, and it has been working fine o my laptop.

This was until about 2 weeks ago when it started lagging all the time and semi-crashing (showing a black screen for a few seconds then a white screen and it would say not responding ,then it would go back to normal). It also did this every time  i saved any work.

At first i thought my laptop was playing up (even though its a 9 month old $2000 laptop), but i got it looked at and it all seemed okay.

A few other people in my class then started having the same problem, so i decided it must be auto cad not my laptop.

I then thought it might have downloaded an update that is buggy.

So just yesterday i downloaded and installed AutoCAD 2015, hoping this would solve the problem.

It is working a little better but still is lagging (but hasn't semi-crashed just yet), and it seems to be when it auto saves or when i save anything.

As i said its happened to a few of us in class, so that rules out my computer( also im using revit 2015 and that is working fine ).

if anyone has any answers to this it would be much appreciated, as i have all my uni assignments due in a few weeks and need ACAD to be working !

Thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

what graphic card do you have built in + have you more than one gc in your laptop?

When you start command _3DCONFIG ==> Manual Tune ... have you disabled or enabled hardware acceleration (and please try both settings, on and off, each with restarting AutoCAD).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

hi i have the card as in the photo bellow, and i think i have 2 cards, my friend that is a computer programmer who looked at my computur said i had that basic card and then the better graphics card.(im not sure on how all that works but if its important i can check with my friend).

I had already tried turning on and off hardware acceleration, but i tried it again and still it makes no difference.

As i said, I've never had this problem before and other people in the class are having similar problems so I am  thinking its less likely to be my computer.

Thanks so much for your help

screen shot of acad .JPG

Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

it's only lagging during save? If so please start command _OPTIONS, goto tab "Online" and see if your checkbox is activated for "Enable automatic sync".

If so either logout from A360 or disable the checkbox.

A good option to try when saving problems occur is to disconnect the workstations from any type of network and save local for a test period and see if the issue also occurs or not.

If that does not happen only during save, are there specific commands or specific drawings when that lagging happens? As you say your collueges in your class also have that problem started at the same time, and as this happens in 2014 as well as in 2015 it might be drawing depending ... e.g. when you all activated some new settings or inserted some data from external drawings? So maybe you can try if the same happens with new drawings.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost