Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authoring Palettes tool/dialog box and properties dialog box no longer appear.

13 REPLIES 13
SOLVED
Message 1 of 14
rbsouthbay
1016 Views, 13 Replies

Authoring Palettes tool/dialog box and properties dialog box no longer appear.

I was in the block editor and I was messing with the option for the Authoring Palettes tool/dialog box. I dont know what i pressed but it just seemed to disapear all of a sudden into the bottom right corner. The same thing has happend with my properties dialog box both in and out of the block editor. Please help.

rgarcia@dpswest.com

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
p_mcknight
in reply to: rbsouthbay

Did this happen at the same time?  Are you certain that it is not just minimized?  Try typing in 'showpalettes'. This will toggle all active palettes.  Do you use the ribbon?  If so, while in the block editor there should be a button in the manage panel of the block editor tab called "Authoring Palettes".  Hit this button a few times.  I have seen where the palette will get docked and minimized to only show a thin line (not even the title line, just a thin line) where the palette is docked.  If this happens, then while toggling the palette you should see the main view window change size ever so slightly.  If so, you should be able to see where that line is.  Moving your cursor over it will display the resize cursor allowing you to click and drag it to resize it.  Once that happens you can undock, move, change settings etc.  A screenshot of your computer would also help in determining what happened.  Hope this provides a few ideas.

Message 3 of 14
rbsouthbay
in reply to: p_mcknight

It didn't happen at the same time. I cant remember what i clicked either time but i did them each seperately, the second time with the properties box. I was trying to replicate what happend with the Authoring Palettes to see where it disappeared to. They both disappearing into the bottom right corner of the sreen.

I tried everything you said but had no luck so far

Message 4 of 14
p_mcknight

The screen capture cut off the edges and bottom which is where there might be something interesting to see if the palletes are somehow docked.  Can you try a printscreen to get the full picture of your screen?

Message 5 of 14
rbsouthbay

Message 6 of 14
p_mcknight

If you don't have a bunch of custom settings not saved you might also just try reloading you workspace.  Go to the bottom right, press on the grear and pick a workspace to reload.

Message 7 of 14
rbsouthbay

I tried that also and got nothing. 

Message 8 of 14
p_mcknight

I don't know if you have ever used the acadinfo.lsp in the express tools folder.  If you go roughly to "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2014\Express\" you should find a file called acadinfo.lsp.  Load that in autocad and run acadinfo.  It will create a .txt file with just about every setting in autocad and give you the location where it dumped it.  If you post that .txt file to the forumn I will go through it and see if I can notice anything unusual with regards to the palettes.  That said I am going out for the evening in the next few minutes.  I will get to reviewing the .txt file either later tonight or some time tomorrow (if you post it).

Message 9 of 14
rbsouthbay

How do I load it in CAD and run it?

Message 10 of 14
p_mcknight

The easiest way is to just drag it from windows explorer and drop it in the drawing window. That will load it. Then you can type in acadinfo at the command line.
Message 11 of 14
rbsouthbay

Message 12 of 14
rbsouthbay

Any luck?

Message 13 of 14
dmfrazier

Is this screen capture (Capture2, from message 5) showing what AutoCAD looks like when you are in BEDIT, or is that just the normal model space screen?

If the Properties palette was accidentally turned off, typing "Properties" should bring the palette back.  If the Properties palette doesn't appear, you can go into CUI, locate your current workspace, "customize" the workspace, expand the palettes, and tweak the properties of the palette to get it to appear, undocked, in a location where you can get to it.

If the Authoring palettes were turned off, you should be able to click "Authoring Palettes" on the ribbon. (I have nothing to add to previous advice on this one, as this palette is not accessible thru CUI, as far as I can determine.)

Message 14 of 14
rbsouthbay
in reply to: dmfrazier

The screen shot was inside of the block editor.

I resolved the issude of the properties dialog box by using the user interface and making sure the apperance was turned back on. I couldnt find the option for the Authoring Pallets in the CUI though. Any suggesttions on where that might be so I can turn the apperance on for that one as well. Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost