AutoCAD 2013/2014/2015

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 1 of 13 (410 Views)
Accepted Solution

Arrays?!

410 Views, 12 Replies
10-11-2012 11:16 AM

What the &%#! happened to the Array command?  And when did this come about,... and why wasn't I consulted?  For 20 years I used DDARRAY in Acad... went to use it today for the first time in, well, a long time.... and it ain't there!  Now all of your options are typed at the keyboard with multiple key shortcuts, and the result is grouped so you have to explode it to get rid of one or more items.

Wow... just goes to show us old folks, don't turn your backs for too long.

ChrisB

ADSK_Expert_Elite_Icon_S_Color_Blk.png

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

http://cadtipstricks.wordpress.com//

cbenner wrote:

... and the result is grouped so you have to explode it to get rid of one or more items.

If you turn off Associative when creating - you don't have to explode.  The new command is far more powerful than the old array.

*Expert Elite*
Alfred.NESWADBA
Message 2 of 13 (406 Views)

Re: Arrays?!

10-11-2012 11:26 AM in reply to: cbenner

Hi,

>> ... just goes to show us old folks ...

That we also may use the help (or search the forum) if options or commands changed :smileywink: >>>click<<<

- alfred -

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Active Contributor
bluebrad60
Message 3 of 13 (398 Views)

10-11-2012 11:36 AM in reply to: cbenner

This should make you feel a little better.

_arrayclassic

*Expert Elite*
JDMather
Message 4 of 13 (374 Views)

10-11-2012 03:11 PM in reply to: cbenner

cbenner wrote:

... and the result is grouped so you have to explode it to get rid of one or more items.

If you turn off Associative when creating - you don't have to explode.  The new command is far more powerful than the old array.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2015 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional
Inventor Professional 2015-SP1 64-bit
http://www.autodesk.com/edcommunity
http://home.pct.edu/~jmather/content/DSG322/inventor_surface_tutorials.htm
*Expert Elite*
pendean
Message 5 of 13 (347 Views)

10-12-2012 05:31 AM in reply to: cbenner

Upgrade your skills set, the new Array has power now: explore the many good quality videos on YouTube for demonstrations, far easier than reading through a manual I think, to show you how.

For the old command, type ARRAYCLASSIC at the command line and go retro :smileyhappy:

Dean Saadallah Blog | Facebook | Google+ | Twitter | PINS
*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 6 of 13 (336 Views)

10-12-2012 06:01 AM in reply to: cbenner

Does anybody else think its odd that an OP has a signature line that reads:

'Please click "Accept as Solution" if this response answers your question'

I don't see that he has accepted any of the good responses as a solution either.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 7 of 13 (326 Views)

10-12-2012 06:25 AM in reply to: dbroad

If you all will give me a little time to respond before lambasting me,....

I appreciate ALL of the input.  I use 2D autocad about .5% of my time on the job.

My comment was meant to be slightly humerous, relating to how out of touch one can be when not using the product that often.  I DO see the power of the new tool, and if I ever have the need to do an array again in the future, I will explore that.

JD, thanks... your answers are always appreciated.

ChrisB

Please use Mark Solutions!.Accept as Solution &Give Kudos!Kudos to further enhance the value of these forums. Thank you! :smileyhappy:

*Expert Elite*
dbroad
Message 8 of 13 (316 Views)

10-12-2012 07:19 AM in reply to: cbenner

Sorry,

I wasn't aware that I was "lambasting" you.  I was primarily noting that putting the "Accept solution" notation in a signature line reads wrong in an original post on a topic.  Too bad there is no automatic forum feature to automate that part of a signature in a followup post.

*Expert Elite*
cbenner
Message 9 of 13 (307 Views)

10-12-2012 08:48 AM in reply to: dbroad

I should probably turn that into a macro, this was something that a bunch of us in the Inventor forum started using a few years ago, to encourage posters to use the accept button.  As a macro I could turn it on and off if needed.

ChrisB

*Expert Elite*
Bob_Zurunkle
Message 10 of 13 (304 Views)

10-12-2012 08:54 AM in reply to: dbroad

It's as automatic as a signature, if you know how to set it up. It was introduced by autodesk as part of this rating system that lets people know if you are a Newb or third Dan or a Mage or whatever. They actually encourage people to add that automatic tag line, so as to encourage others to mark solutions as accepted, and hopefully whose solution was accepted.

Therefore, when someone with the tag line asks a question themselves, the tag line still shows up...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted :smileyhappy:
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.