Did you mean: 

Arial font causing alignment problems

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
BlaiseW
897 Views, 4 Replies

Arial font causing alignment problems

Hello,

The text in our title block has been having alignment issues even though they're all justified accordingly, and I've narrowed it down to the Arial.ttf font acting strangely.  I've attached pictures of the issue. As shown, it only affects single line text, but it's no quick fix as it affects multiple blocks.

Single line text in block justified center

Example2.JPG 

TEXT alignment vs MTEXT alignment both justified center

Example1.JPG

TEXT alignment justified right showing incorrect offset grip

Example4.JPG

What it should look like

Example3.JPG

It only seems to affect certain drawings and not new drawings, so it's not an inherent problem with the text style or the drawing template. When the text is copied from a drawing where it's aligned correctly it automatically shifts to the incorrect position; however, it does not shift back to the correct position when copied to an unaffected drawing and in fact messes up said drawings. It's causing a lot of our blocks that contain text to be off center and hard to manage.

Not sure what the solution is short of using an alternate text style that isn't Arial. Deleting the affected drawings isn't an option. Has anyone seen this before?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BlaiseW
in reply to: BlaiseW

Looks like I'm too late to edit my OP. Sample dwg uploaded and attached to this post.

Message 3 of 5
sthompson1021

In one of your problem drawings, run the command ATTSYNC and see if that will fix the problem. It worked on your attached dwg.

Message 4 of 5
BlaiseW
in reply to: sthompson1021

Thanks for the suggestion. ATTSYNC doesn't seem to fix it.

Message 5 of 5
sthompson1021

Try opening one of the blocks that has the problem in block editor and just zoom in and out and then close the editor saying yes to save changes. That also fixed the problem in your sample dwg. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost